Glow Fuel - 20% Castor/Synthetic - Dilute

Glow/Nitro and gas engines, propellers, fuel and other stuff associated with making lots of noise and thrust.

Re: Glow Fuel - 20% Castor/Synthetic - Dilute

Postby raptor22 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:00 pm

ethanol, definatelynot a good glow model fuel. One also needs to be careful with many of the key properties of this fuel.

stick to Methanol
raptor22

Postby spitfire2010 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 am

OK i have found a suppliers for Motul Mirco, Nitro Methaneand, Methanol

prices are as follows (Nitromethane 4L $88 bucks) (Meths 20L $51) (oil unknown at this time)

Can anyone advise if those prices are inline with the norm or i'm getting ripped.
spitfire2010

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:50 am

Here in NZ I pay about NZ$20/litre for nitromethane and my last lot of methanol was about $220 for a 209l drum.

Buying methanol in smaller amounts (20lt) will always be more edpensive and you're paying about $2.50 a litre -- which is probably reasonable, since I've seen them selling 20lt here in NZ for as much as NZ$60.

What you have to do is calculate whether it's going to be cheaper to blend your own fuel or buy ready-made stuff. Sometimes the ready-made stuff works out cheaper because they buy their ingredients in sufficient quantity to get really good pricing.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby AE25 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:05 pm

review review review!!!
getting a bit off topic, but i'd be interested to know (as a relative noob), what and where to get fuels. do clubs provide bulk fuel supply or does everyone buy their own in as much bulk as can be afforded? or as said, which off the shelf blends are better priced? or does the pricing/ contents change so often that a review would be out dated in a months time?
if spark ignition was fitted up to a larger glow motor.. would ethanol/blend be worth consideration? really getting off topic now.
-Mark
warbird fan and old toyota's
AE25

Previous

Return to IC Engines