Hongkong Post bans airmailing of lipos

Motors, speed controllers, batteries and other e-power stuff

Re: Hongkong Post bans airmailing of lipos

Postby Fulg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Make that a 3rd tracking number for my batteries. Hmm... :-/

I can confirm that previous notice is posted on the HK website, you get it after logging into the site.
T-Rex 500 ESP CF, T-Rex 450 SE V2, HK-450, T-Rex 250, HK-250GT, Quark SRB, CB100, 4#3B...
Fulg

Postby Mr Ed » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:04 pm

I sent Hobby King an E-Mail asking that the US warehouse be stocked instead of shipping by boat or trying to get them shipped by air from them straight. I received a reply and they said they were looking into that.

As far as going through Pay Pal and registering a complaint goes, I have done that too and they still take my orders from Pay PAl. I finally did get to talk to one of the people there and explained what was going on and why I did that. He couldn't figure out why that happened, but said that he was sorry it did. I ordered a charger that was on sale and ask for the delayed payment, but for some reason Pay Pal sent the whole payment. I let that ride, but Hobby King never did mark my order as reserved and it stayed as pending until after all the chargers were sold. Even a week after that I still had an order that was marked pending. I tried everything I could through E-Mail and never heard a word out of them, so I opened a dispute with Pay Pal and got my money back the next day. That's when I started getting E- Mails from them asking about my order and I told them what had happened and after about 10 E-Mails we finally called it good and let it go. I think if you have a VERY good reason for posting a dispute then your OK, but if you do it just because your order is a little slow getting to you, they may lock you out of PayPal. I would think very hard about posting a dispute about an item that has shipped and you haven't received it yet. I would try E-Mailing their service department and asking them what is going on. If your lucky, they may even answer you. The problem with the dispute is, the order is already shipped and you don't just get your money back because you opened a dispute, they have to answer it first and then you have to reply to that. IF nothing can be worked out, then after 30 days you may get your money back, but fighting like that through Pay Pal is not a good thing to do unless you have exhausted all other means of working things out. Even then, if Pay Pal decides in their favor, you still won't get your money back, unless HK decides to give it to you and then they may ban you from the site altogether. It's not really their fault if an order gets delayed in shipping, because they have no control over that.

The one thing I don't like about ordering from HK is the order is not shipped until ALL the items on your order are in. They have your money, but you don't get it until after they ship everything. I have gotten to where I only order things that are in stock and put another order in for the out of stock items. Even then you can get hit with an out of stock item if your to far down the list when filling orders. It's not like ordering things from the states. Here they don't charge your card and can make it two shipments if you want to spend the extra money and some don't charge for the out of stock shipping on items like Tower. They just eat those charges themselves, but not everyone does that.

You have to remember one thing when dealing with China. They are not Americans and they don't do things like we do. They have their own way and we are not going to force them to change unless they want to. It's like someone coming to our country and demanding that we speak their language. You see how that goes over with most Americans. Dealing with China is no different.

Ed
Mr Ed

Postby ditchit » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:21 pm

I placed an order for 4x6S6000 and 2x2S6000 and got a message saying the maximum capacity that could be sent by non-EMS was 3700Mah. Had to select EMS and had to pay something like $90 delivery.
ditchit

Postby slow_jun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 am

i just got my IP Intellect 4200Mah 45C lipo ( 2 pcs) last october and was able to use HK EMS. ..... maybe just my luck....
slow_jun

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 am

I've been using Singapore Post and the service has been great. In fact, right now it's faster than EMS because the SingPost packages don't seem to get caught up in that delay between when HK says "shipped" and the tracking starts to work (sometimes a week or more). My last order via SingPost took 8 days (including a weekend).
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby QiW » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:29 am

my orders with lipos usually does not exceed 10 calendar days
QiW

Postby AE25 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:21 am

ordered 2 2s 5000mah and 1 2s 6000mah through singpost just before the chinese new year. wasn't too bad once it actually left china. could track it via nzpost once singpost got hold of it.
-Mark
warbird fan and old toyota's
AE25

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:49 am

AE25 wrote:ordered 2 2s 5000mah and 1 2s 6000mah through singpost just before the chinese new year. wasn't too bad once it actually left china. could track it via nzpost once singpost got hold of it.

You can track the Singapore post item with the Singapore Post Speedpost website long before it leaves the country.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby hhitchings » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:10 am

I am from the U.S. so forgive me if I speaking out of turn. But Hobby King has a warehouse in Australia or would it still be cheaper to get lipos from china? Here in the U.S. some or if not all batteries are considered Hazardous materials and would have to go ground instead of Air. Anyway I just wanted to put my two cents worth in and hope you all can find local alternatives to find cheaper batteries in your area. Wishing you all the best.
hhitchings

Previous

Return to Electric Power Systems