Red Brick 30A ESC help

Motors, speed controllers, batteries and other e-power stuff

Red Brick 30A ESC help

Postby WolstonFlyer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi

Does anybody have a manual for the HobbyKing Red Brick 30A ESC? When I put mine in set-up mode the number of beeps is nothing like the instructions that came with the ESC.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... A_ESC.html

Mine does a sequence from 1 to 4 beeps and then seems to go into a second level menu with a lower tone and two sets of beeps, then it plays a tune and goes back to the 4 beep sequence.

I just want to make sure it is correctly set for 3 cell LiPO before I try and fly me new AXN clouds fly!

Thanks (From a very wet and windy UK)
WolstonFlyer

Re: Red Brick 30A ESC help

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:20 am

Go to the link you posted, scroll down to the tabs and select "files", there are 4 manuals there, but I couldn't tell you which one will answer your question. I personally do not have any Red Brick ESCs.

Regards

Christian
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby WolstonFlyer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Yes, I had spotted the files to download. I guess I just keep trying different sets of instructions until I find one that describes the same number of beeps in set-up mode. There must be so many different versions of firmware that the parts supplier doesn't know (or care) what instructions to include with the product.

Cheers
WolstonFlyer

Postby Yellowirenut » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:53 pm

i HAD one,tried to set it up but all it would do was constantly beep. I then installed it in the trash bin. The directions that came with it are worthless.
Yellowirenut

Return to Electric Power Systems