Whats the difference

Motors, speed controllers, batteries and other e-power stuff

Whats the difference

Postby monkeyjay » Fri May 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi There

I'm Jay and I am brand new to RC Planes, so shiny new in fact that i do not own one yet lol I do however need a question answered I am going to buy a turnagy 9x and fit a frsky module to it but what is the difference between http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14353
and http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17205 apart from price, Hobby King has the same description for both.
Also while we are flogging the noob for my lack of knowledge what would be a good plane to start on, I know I cant jump straight into flying warbirds which is what i really want to do but I am thinking of this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16568 to start with.
any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Jay
monkeyjay

Re: Whats the difference

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri May 27, 2011 9:52 pm

The first item you link to is the 1-way FrSky DIY conversion kit.

The second item is the 2-way kit which offers the ability to use telemetry.

The choice is yours but either way you'll also need to buy a matching FrSky receiver. The 1-way can only use 1-way receivers, the 2-way system can use the cheaper 1-way receivers or the 2-way (telemetry) receivers.

I've already done a video showing how to fit the 1-way system and will be doing a video showing how to fit the 2-way system soon. Note that the newer 2-way systems use a toggle switch instead of those fiddly DIP switches to change from 1-way to 2-way, which is a great improvement. I'm not sure which ones HK are stocking right now. There's also an advisory on the RCModelReviews website about some of the 2-way systems that need to be switched into bind mode in 2-way mode temporarily before you use them the first time.

The AXN Clouds Floater would be a reasonable plane to learn to fly on -- so long as you've spent a little time practicing on the simulator first. They're tough as old boots and can stooge around nice and slow or really fly fast if you want to.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby monkeyjay » Fri May 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks for your quick reply, i will look out for your vid, i also sent you an email about a few things i wonder if you got it ?, it will be from firedeamon@gmail.com i can forward it again if need be
monkeyjay

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri May 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Didn't see an email -- might pay to resend.

EDIT: Ah, just saw it!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Electric Power Systems