World Models Clipped wing Cub

If you didn't have to build it then you can talk about it here.

World Models Clipped wing Cub

Postby quarry44 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:57 am

I have just finished assembling this model,and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this artf.
I chose the blue/white clipped wing version,but it's also available in red/white,plus there's the full span wing version in yellow.I bought mine from Top RC for $200nz,which I thought a bit of a bargain.
I don't think I could build one for this money,as pretty much everything is provided,bar engine and radio gear.
I have fitted an OS 48 Surpass,as it's quite light considering the size of this model.
Frsky and er9x equipped Turnigy tx,4ch Frsky rx,and 5 Futaba servo's complete the fitting out.
I have yet to fly this Cub,because of extreme wind conditions.I don't want too wreck it on it's 1st flight :shock: ,
but I'm quietly confident it will fly well.

Summing up,a nice model ,well built and with a complete hardware package.I did however replace some of the screws for the wing struts with 3mm capscrews,as I thought the provided screws a bit so-so.Its also much easier to fit these than phillips head screws,with the chance of poking through some part with the screwdriver.I also replaced the 4mm steel wing hold-down screws supplied with 6mm nylon versions.This does of course mean also replacing the fitted T-nuts with larger versions,and drilling out the holes in the wing to the required size.
Flight report to be filed in due course.
quarry44

Return to ARF and RTF Models