First AXN Twin Engine?

If you didn't have to build it then you can talk about it here.

First AXN Twin Engine?

Postby Treebuster » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 am

Decided to make a twin engine out of my 2 AXN's just for the heck of it. I pretty well mastered my 2nd AXN so as to add some thrills I made a new one. The wing on one had been broken so many times it became almost unrepairable.

Cut off the inner wings from it and joined them together to make a mid-wing and used my good AXN to complete it. Added carbon fiber tube to reinforce the mid wing as well as the satabilizer. Cut down the main spar tube and rejoined them. Relocated the stab servos to end of fuse. Using 2 cheapy 72mhz Corona receivers, 2 - 2200 mah batteries, 2 rudder servos, 2 -30 amp ESC's

Now to see if it actually flies and lands in one peice.
Attachments
axn twin 003.jpg
two for one
axn twin 003.jpg (119.91 KiB) Viewed 6850 times
Treebuster

Re: First AXN Twin Engine?

Postby cynr100 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:14 am

Wicked, absolutely wicked, let us know when the vid hits.
Not sure why the 2 Rx's, experiment perhaps??
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Treebuster » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:45 am

I tried the two ESC and one receiver hookup by all well known web instructions on how to do it by disabling one of ESC's wires but could not get the engines to start together. Sometimes they would start together and sometimes one would start and the other just stutter. Couldn't take a chance of that while in the air.

Plus it eliminated all the y cables across the mid wing you would need to hook up the elev, rudder, and esc's. to one receiver. Heard that some of the same brand ESC's will not work joined like that.??? Who knows?..I'am using 2 -30 amp Mysterys... Corona receivers are dirt cheap so I went that route and everything seems to function well now.
Treebuster

Postby cynr100 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:53 am

Can't wait to smash mine up and rebuild it into something else, but am water logged. Only 5 dry days since 1 Feb plus 592mm since last Friday.

Enjoy, don't forget the vid.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Return to ARF and RTF Models