my plane motor went off while flying need help!

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Re: my plane motor went off while flying need help!

Postby Aussie Joe » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:40 am

Sorry to hear you are still haveing problems. The extra increase in weight and maybe a bad CG can make it difficult. If you go back to a 1300mAh battery you should use a higher "C" rated battery or go easy on the throttle to prevent the battery puffing again. Five minutes is about standard for a EDF just DON"T drain the battery to much that is very very bad for a lipo.
My Typhoon weights 540grams, length 99cm, width 68cm, motor turingy-typhoon 2215-4500(helli motor), Turingy 2200mAh 3s 35-45C. After about five minutes of flying I land, when I recharge the charger will show a % of what is left in the battery, it's usually betwen 20-30%, to go any lower will damage the battery.

Cheers
Joe
"Photonicinduction" One man and a plug socket = Mayhem. http://www.youtube.com/user/Photonvids?feature=watch
Aussie Joe

Re: my plane motor went off while flying need help!

Postby seedo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:18 am

Hi

well i fixed the plane and removed the wheels and made some modifications to protect the servos so it doesn't get damaged when it lands, its ready for a test and i will give you a feedback soon.

now the plane weight 550 with battery pack of 1300mah 3s, and also after removing the fixed landing gear and removing some coins that was balancing the jet, so we have 500g of thrust to 550g of wight, imagine !
seedo

Previous

Return to Help Needed