I'm all ears

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Re: I'm all ears

Postby Sid Sideslip » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:09 pm

ergocentric wrote:
Sid Sideslip wrote:using eePe and the simulator on Win XP Pro

XP is no longer supported by microsloth, and I just got tired of a new antivirus update every fifteen minutes. I run Ubuntu.

I do run XP on my daughter's computer for access to Google Sketchup, Ashlar Vellum Graphite, and my old flight sim. :(

Win XP service pack 3 is still supported by MS so far as security updates go, also I don't notice upgrades to anti-virus, as AVG does it in the background. For mail I either use Yahoo or Thunderbird and I use Firefox for browsing (with noscript and adblock-plus, together with some other security related add ons).

Linux is all very well, but it comes with its own set of annoyances and of course, if you are into online computer gaming, it's pretty much useless. I have a pretty powerful gaming rig which would be wasted on Ubuntu.

I'm no fan of Microsoft, and I wouldn't touch an Apple product with a ten foot pole, but I'll probably upgrade to Win 7 64 bit soon anyway.
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby Del Boy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:35 am

Oops
Sorry been away i dont know of anyone making these units but i expect that if you ask around some nice person would be able to help you out!!

Del

We all live in Hope :-)
Del boy
Del Boy

Postby jchtr3a » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:15 pm

Bruce-----I love your videos, and all the tips you provide. They are great.
Saw your review of the Turnigy/FlySky 9X, and got one. Wanted it for the 3 position switch in order to use my FY30A. But I can't get the darn switch to work it. Any help in programming the TX to operate the FY30A in the three modes woud be a big help to me.
Any word on you all being able to return to the airfield?
jchtr3a

Re: maloney 125 gasser

Postby akoberg74 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:05 am

Ha Bruce,
I just bought 2 of these motors on the inter web for little to nothing. After some i=net surfing they seem like they are to dam heavy (3lbs) and way under powered. Any way you have been in the game twice as long as I have so I'm reaching out to you in high hopes on finding some info on these motors. I can tell you that they are a magneto type motor with an old school warlboro type card and said to turn a 15/8 at 7200rpm.
Now if I were wanting to fly real scale like, this mite be just fine but that ant how I roll. Remember that 40 size trainer you put that russian maid rear exaust 60 on,,, ya that's how I do things in northern Minnesota as well.
Any way I haven't received these motors yet (there on the way) but they look like good candidates for a cdi conversion or maybe a gas to glow set up? I fly both large glow motors and I have a modern turnigy gasser as well and know that the cdi units have some sort of spark advance at higher rpm. Do you think this will help with the power output of this type motor?

Well, I hope you receive this little message and can give me some of your vast rc insight on these maloney 125s

Respectfully,
Aaron oberg akoberg74@gmail.com
akoberg74

Postby UAVman » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Here's a quickie question for you Bruce... I have a Spektrum DX6i transmitter. Are there any budget Chinese made receivers that are compatible with it? Four channels is all I need. Any comments will be appreciated.
UAVman

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 am

Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby UAVman » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:55 am

Thanks cnyr100, Glad to know that a Spektrum-compatible receiver is available. Think I'll get the one with 2 antennas for more reliable signal reception.
UAVman

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:44 am

No problems, just remember with dual (diversity) antennas that you lay them at 90deg angle to each other. In my Bixler and AXN I have one aiming straight up and the other at right angles left or right of the cockpit. keeping clear of the battery and other electronics.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Flash1940 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:23 am

Jimster wrote:I remember the large single stick. Up/Down was elevator, left/right was aileron, you twisted the knurled part in the middle for rudder and throttle was on a separate slider on the left.

Years ago I built a Heathkit 8 channel single stick system....late 70's. It was on the 6 Meter amateur band....53.3 Mhz. I really miss the single stick. I could make sharp turns and put in a bit of top rudder to not loose any altitude. A slip on landing was a piece of cake.....just like being in the cockpit. I'm thinking seriously of modifying my er-9x for single stick. Maybe put throttle on one of the pots.

Flash
Flash1940

Postby Dave Pitman » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:01 am

Hi Bruce,

I have an electronics question.

The situation: On a fpv setup, I have a 12v board camera hooked up to an ImmersionRC vtx with a DJI iosd Mini between the video out on the camera and the video in on the vtx.

To power the camera, I added a 5v to 12v stepup board to the 5v out of the Immersion vtx. Everything works great except for one thing. The home-point icon that the osd overlays on the video leaves some sort of artifact trail. This trail does not happen when a 5v camera is used instead of a 12v camera. This behavior is confirmed by several other guys with similar setups.

Maybe DJI will address this with a firmware update in the future, but until then, I was hoping I could do something to fix it myself. I don't have the electrical knowledge to know what the difference is electronically between the signal output of a 5v vs a 12v camera?

Thanks Bruce.
Dave Pitman

PreviousNext

Return to Help Needed