Wavy video

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Wavy video

Postby Malcurin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:59 am

Just had my first solo today, had a camera on my AXN for the first time and noticed when i got home and looked at the footage there are wavy lines over the entire image that vary with the speed of the motor,
http://youtu.be/OANYOtgz6zA here is the link to part of the video is there anyway to reduce this so it isn't as bad as it is the entire video is like this up until i turn the motor off and glide in for a landing

thanks
Mike
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Re: Wavy video

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:16 am

That's caused by vibration.

You can reduce (or eliminate it) by:

1. Mounting your camera less rigidly. I use velcro - it's strong but provides some vibration dampening.

2. Make sure your prop is well balanced. Even a small imbalance on your prop will create had vibes

3. Try mounting the camera in a different position on the model, where vibration may not be so bad.

You probably won't eliminated it completely but you should be able to get it down to much lower levels.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Malcurin » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 am

Noted will try all these options in the morning and give it a run up test then also see how it goes
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
Malcurin

Postby Malcurin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 am

Here is the link to the full video all Mods done, will test it out next time im up and flying till then enjoy my first solo flight video and Maiden for the camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOHgaY3QRX0
Malcurin

Postby Malcurin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am

Here is the follow Up video to demonstrate the new fixes done as suggested by Bruce ( please ignore that i got disorientated and got rescued
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsv4vQ2Vx0&feature=plcp
Malcurin

Postby iflylilplanes » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:49 am

The prop is out of balance, it dose not take much. Get yourself a good prop balancer, there is a good video on YouTube showing how.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Return to Help Needed