Need help with AXN Floater!!!

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Need help with AXN Floater!!!

Postby ashsz1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi,
I destroyed my AXN Cloud recently and ordered my second. My Cloud was tail heavy, hence it was always climbing. I had to elevator down all the time to compensate the plane from pitch up. Some people recommended placing lead weights on the nose. Any idea how much weight do I have to place? Anyway I am using 1800mAH lipo. 2200mAH doesn't make much difference.

Daniell
ashsz1

Re: Need help with AXN Floater!!!

Postby cynr100 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Daniell,
The small manual that comes with the AXN should list the position of the Centre of Gravity (CoG) for the AXN normally 50-55mm from the leading edge. With the plane fully loaded for flight it should balance horizontally at this point, a slight nose heavy is advantageous for gliding. So to answer your question, as much weight that is necessary to achieve this balance.

Also check that when all your trims are centred the control surfaces are also centred or neutral and that your servos are securely fixed in place.

The CoG is very important get into the habit of checking each flight, shift the battery to compensate for any change.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: Need help with AXN Floater!!!

Postby quarry44 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:40 pm

I have flown with both 1800 and 2200mah packs,and there is a definite tail heaviness with the 1800 pack.Try the 2200,or add weight equivalent to the difference,little as it is.With the AXN's light weight,any difference is going to be amplified
quarry44

Return to Help Needed