Quadcopter

Talk about helicopter airframes, rotors, heads etc.

Re: Quadcopter

Postby Jolly-Swagman » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Also from Ebay and for 10 x ($5.44us)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10cm-Servo-E ... 608wt_1065
Jolly-Swagman

Postby cynr100 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Hmmmmm........... ahhhhhhh..........hmmmmm....... :!: International seller, would still have to wait :)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Okay, so things slowed down for awhile. All the building had been done then it was down to programming, that's when I got the frighties.
Do I turn it on and hope for the best, not a chance the last time I did that was a trip to the hospital :lol: :lol:
Back to oddcopters web site for a complete restudy and wiring check then I turned on the Tx and powered the board, flashing lights and all manner of peeping :D .
Alas that was short lived because the "ESC calibration" was missing from the menu list, so off to upgrade to v1.5 and that took me half the day to sort. Frustratingly easy once done :roll:
Now back to the power up and I get a yaw error which meant that there was no signal from the Tx to the ESCs therefore no ability to ARM or DISARM let alone check rotation etc. Back to study again and burn Google out hunting for a solution. The v1.5 does not have ESC Calibration like v1.2 :x , I was on the wrong garden path.

Once you have all the wiring in place and are ready to power up go to the section in the "official" HobbyKing KK2.o manual for "ESC Calibration" (on the bottom of page 4 if you printed). Follow these instructions on the initial power up "to the letter", now the board recognises the ESCs and that a "yaw function" is available the error message disappears. A quick "ARM" just to check direct rotations :D :D and the quad reacts to throttle input 8-) .

If I had tested and calibrated each ESC before soldering to the PCB I may have negated this frustration, but that is past testing. The solution I found was simple, "when all else fails read the instructions" :lol: :lol:
Pity the ESC Calibration method did not come in an earlier part of the manual.

Now to workout the Ps and Is, limits and gains but most important to get the self level set correctly.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Now to workout the Ps and Is, limits and gains but most important to get the self level set correctly.

You are beginning to sound like a self help guru!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 am

I think you have to be, all the information is out there, just not in a cohesive manner. At least this way you learn!! :D and we all know that keeps age at bay :lol: :lol:
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 am

we all know that keeps age at bay

And Elephants!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:55 am

Project on hold now, lost a circlip on one motor and HK are out of stock.......aaarrrggh!
Going to try a few of the nut & bolt merchants around town but don't hold much hope for a 4mm circlip.
If my Hitec servos turnup this week at least I can then continue with the Penguin project whilst praying for a 4mm circlip.
cynr100

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:41 pm

If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby cynr100 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks for the lead Keith.
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 am

Now they are called E-clips :o and cost 20c each at Allied Bearings (Aus) :D, back on track again :mrgreen:
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to Airframes