Newbie with Rx issues

Helicopter-specific issues relating to the electronics in your bird

Newbie with Rx issues

Postby stevewashere » Sun May 09, 2010 9:05 am

Hello, Ive just recently got into RC heli, I purchased a CP Belt V2 and have since parted ways with it.

My current set-up is the HK450MT which is nice and straight forward little heli, I've just this week got my hands on the Turnigy 9x with a Corona CT8J DSSS, 2.4Ghz module.

Mu problem is that I have no set-up experience with such a device and Im finding it a bit confusing as it certainly isn't RTF.

I've got a problem with my mixing anyone know of a good tutorial to help me with the basics of set up with this tx or one similar ?

Cheers Steve

O by the way Bruce nice work on the forum
stevewashere

Re: Newbie with Rx issues

Postby beau0090_99 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:28 pm

You might want to try Helifreak and look for Finless Bob's videos. This is what I used to setup my HK450, but I know that he uses Futaba for the mixing, which might be a bit different. You may be able to muddle your way through once you watch them. He does an excellent job of explaining things.
Good Luck,
Curtis
beau0090_99

Postby takilara » Thu May 20, 2010 10:38 pm

I am not familiar with that Tx or Rx, but I agree that you should look at a Finless Bob's videos. They are very detailed and he explains things very well.

But what exactly is your mixing problem? collective or swash or something else?

If it is swash, then one thing you might check first, is that your Tx is setup for the correct type of swash. I assume that your HK450 is using a 120 Deg swash like my CX450 (another trex clone). For mixing to work properly then the Tx has to be set up for 120 mode, NOT normal (NOR) mode.

Another thing (that Finless explains more) is "what happens" when you do collective up, does all servos move the same direction? if so, do they move in the correct direction? Do they move "equally far"? What about the cyclic?
The results from these tests could probably get you more help from these forums. (normally meaning either reversing one or more channel, or "inverting" one or more of the numbers in the swash menu)

Good Luck
The price of getting what you want;
is getting what you once wanted...
_____
T-REX 600 ESP
CopterX 450AE V2
Multiplex FunCub
Belt-CP
takilara

Postby stevewashere » Sun May 23, 2010 12:55 am

Ive sorted the mixing out now thanks, now its just fine tuning :)
stevewashere

Postby takilara » Sun May 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Good!!
Happy flying :)
The price of getting what you want;
is getting what you once wanted...
_____
T-REX 600 ESP
CopterX 450AE V2
Multiplex FunCub
Belt-CP