Best Transmitter 9 Channel

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: Best Transmitter 9 Channel

Postby ergocentric » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:40 pm

My vote is for the DX10 design
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:25 pm

Ugh... tray radios! :-)

Hell, I don't even need a sissy neckstrap (my arms are still strong enough to hold a transmitter, even at my age) so the thought of a tray radio is just mortifying to me.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Shotglass » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:43 am

tray radios are great you get so much finer control with the longer throws and having the radio perfectly at rest in front of you
also stick buttons and switches are the best invention ever
Shotglass

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:05 am

Yeah, but I fly 3D -- I need to be able to bash those sticks around without the risk of taking an eye out because they're so damned long :-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby BB-Q » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:31 am

ergocentric wrote:
Oops wrote:Could someone explain why the 9x is mentioned here despite having 8 channels...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Futaba no longer makes a nine channel receiver, as BB-Q inferred - you would need a 14 channel receiver.

(I don't think Futaba ever made a nine channel system that was not PCM, and that set-up dates back twenty years to the 9z, nice but heavy tx)

All you do is buddy up two 8ch rxs with a jumper. Easy and cheaper than Spektrum or JR if using genuine (I use Frsky)
BB-Q

Postby Aussie Joe » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:58 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Ugh... tray radios! :-)

Hell, I don't even need a sissy neckstrap (my arms are still strong enough to hold a transmitter, even at my age) so the thought of a tray radio is just mortifying to me.

The day thay sell a transmitter tray with a stuby holder built in, is the day I will buy one. Image
"Photonicinduction" One man and a plug socket = Mayhem. http://www.youtube.com/user/Photonvids?feature=watch
Aussie Joe

Postby flyroger » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:31 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Another "con" for the JR11X is that the sliders have been moved from the side of the case to the back of the case -- which means you can no longer operate them without taking your fingers/thumbs off the sticks - duh!

On the 9303/9XII the sliders were in the perfect place - then they went and stuffed them up with the 11X - why????

I have the 11X and yet to use the sliders on the side. I fly everything from 40 size glo to 40% gas.
I don't see a problem with where the sliders are.
flyroger

Previous

Return to Radios and Servos