9x for 40 bucks?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

9x for 40 bucks?

Postby EraJomppa » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:23 pm

So Im going to buy Turnigy 9x and FrSky DIY Module from hobbyking next month, but I stumbled across this in the internet:

http://leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220239

its 9x for 40 bucks! AND It has the removable module.

Would this be a good substitute and would a JR compatitable FrSky module work with it? This might save me some money and trouble with the soldering iron :)

btw, Im going to use the ER9x, so Im going to buy the 9x but ditching all the stock stuff ;)
EraJomppa

Re: 9x for 40 bucks?

Postby ergocentric » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Why do the need my date of birth to estimate shipping?

Looks like it comes with a flysky module and receiver, but if you want more receivers ($8.99) they are marked extra handling (over 150g ?!?) and back order
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby EraJomppa » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Yes, it has FlySky module, its TH9x, which apparently is the original 9x (correct me if Im wrong). BUT what I want is FrSky module, which is sold separately:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... FR_RX.html
(shame they dont have the non-telemetry module, would drop the price a bit I guess)

Just by a quick look I´d say its a match but would this work? Does anyone has experience with this?
EraJomppa

Postby Ampair » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:28 am

I have a TH9x which runs a FrSky DJT module, I swap happily between that and the FlySky module. (Happier with the FrSky though.)
Ampair

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 pm

I noticed last night that HK has the 9XV2 (Mode 1) on sale for $38 or so. That's got to be bargain of the century!

Mode-changes are dead-easy on the 9X.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:40 am

I saw that as well Bruce... It was right next to the $53 one... Read the specs a couple of times but could not see any difference... I would have got one if I didn't already have another on order..
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby Sid Sideslip » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:57 am

Keith wrote:I saw that as well Bruce... It was right next to the $53 one... Read the specs a couple of times but could not see any difference... I would have got one if I didn't already have another on order..

I have one on order as a spare. The only difference is that there is no Rx with it (which I don't want anyway) and it's not C ticked for Oz (don't need that either, as I can just print my own sticker should I ever need to).

They charge more for the C ticked Mode 1 here because that's what most people use in Oz. Like Bruce says, its a five minute job to open up the back and swap the throttle friction lever over to convert Mode 2 hardware to Mode 1. Then it's just a matter of selecting the mode in software.

As shown in this video by richardmrazek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvB32X4e9VM

So to recap, a C ticked Mode 1 from the Oz warehouse is $70, the same in Mode 2 from the Oz warehouse costs $53.79, while an identical Tx from the international warehouse is $39.

Obviously postage is a bit more from Hong Kong...about ten dollars extra in my case(all money in Aussie dollars btw).
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:34 am

Sid Sideslip wrote:I have one on order as a spare. The only difference is that there is no Rx with it (which I don't want anyway) and it's not C ticked for Oz (don't need that either, as I can just print my own sticker should I ever need to).

According to the description it does include an 8-channel receiver:

Included:
Turnigy 9x 9Ch Transmitter
Turnigy RF9X-V2 module
Turnigy 9X8C-V2 8-channel receiver
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Sid Sideslip » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:50 am

My bad, must have had a senior moment. :oops:

Whatever, good deal or what? :D
What goes up...better bloody stay up (until I say otherwise).
Sid Sideslip

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:19 am

I just tried to order one and kept getting an error msg... Told me to check out correctly... It was coming up with EMS postage over $40... I changed it to international for $20 and it keeps sending me back... Looks like you got to pay EMS for it....
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Next

Return to Radios and Servos