Spekky AR7010

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Spekky AR7010

Postby cuban8 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:45 am

Just emailed this note to Horizon UK, just wondering if anyone has any ideas etc?

Thanks.

Kev.

I've been running my DX7 DSM2 tranny with several DSM2 receivers in various models for well over two years now with no issues. I bought an AR7010 DSMX receiver at last year's BMFA Nationals in August (I think from Inwood's but I don't actually recall) and have just started setting up a newly finished model with it. The probem is that it can take up to 30 seconds to link to the TX when switching on, sometimes I only get a solid LED on the main unit and sometimes only on the satellite.
When I do get connection I've discovered that the reboot time from a simulated power failure to either the RX or TX can again be as long as 30 seconds and often the link is not re-established. When it does establish connection to the tranny the RX performs very well in a range test (45-50 paces) but there's no way that I'd risk flying the model as it is with such a long reboot after simulating a power supply problem or check to failsafe settings. I've changed the lead to the satellite unit, checked the system in and out of the model and have good voltage to the RX, have re-bound the system to no avail. I've made the tests in my workshop, in my garden and over at the flying field all with the same disappointing result. The DSM2 only AR7000s in my helis are all very quick to reboot and restart.
cuban8

Re: Spekky AR7010

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Shouldn't you be using a dsmx transmitter with a dsmx receiver?
Have you had the TX converted to dsmx?
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Re: Spekky AR7010

Postby cuban8 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for the reply but DSMX RXs are fully compatible with DSM2 tranny's firmware. Strangely enough the issue seems to have gone away, and as the system was rock solid with stacks of range when connected, I'll keep my eye on it and see how it goes. Maybe repositioning the components in the fuz has helped.
cuban8

Return to Radios and Servos