FlySky FS TH9X

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

FlySky FS TH9X

Postby cynr100 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:10 am

Just wanted to skite :lol: , I have successfully setup my new controller (FlySky/Eurgle/Turnigy/iMax) for my AXN and my Skyartec SkyFun (this one has a Turnigy 8x receiver successfully bound :o ).
The kudos for all this goes to the Forum.
I did have trouble setting up elevons for the SkyFun, the manual had no usefull info on this and every where I looked on the Int it was skipped over. Eventually it was a matter of press every button/knob and stick, record every change until the right one was found. It was a simple matter of moving aileron stick to the left to enable endpoint values to be entered in the correct box :roll: pics are available for anyone still using the original firmware like me.
The next step is to replace the battery setup, then get ready for er9X.

In the meantime I will be searching the forum on how I can set this Tx up for sim use on my PC, it'll be there somewhere 8-)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: FlySky FS TH9X

Postby pldb64 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:39 am

This is the sort of device you'll probably need:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-2-0-al ... ngle-51480

Works with all major sim brands (RealFlight, Phoenix, AeroFly etc).

Two things to note:
1. Bruce's cautions about using dealextreme at the moment given delivery issues and over zealous forum moderators. It is provided as an example of the type of device you'll need, not as a suggestion that you buy from them.
2. If you're using the standard Turnigy 9X module, then the module has to be removed from the Tx for the Tx to work with the Sim. This is not necessary if you've modded for FrSky Tx DHT DIY and/or DJT. I can't speak for the FlySky Tx's, but be aware of that limitation on the T9x.

Enjoy.
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby cynr100 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:16 am

Thanks pldb64 ;) you have saved me heaps of time. Unlike the wired module on the Turnigy, the Flysky is detachable.
Have had previous misdealings with Deal Extreme :x , now I know what to look for I will try and source elsewhere :idea: .
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby MojoMaestro » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:36 am

i suggest U have a look on Youtube , search th9x & phoenix rc sim.
It will show U what to do to set-up ur 9x properly for Sim use.
VERUS AMICUS EST TANQUAM ALTER IDEM

Heli : Xieda 9958/Falcon 400 3D (Edge body)/EXI 450 ZL pro/EXI 500 CF/T-Rex 600 ESP (Airwolf body).
Plane : AXN Floater Jet (mod)/Cessna 182 (mod)/Mini-Saturn 3D/Mini-Cuckoo (4 times)/DIY Sky Riders Spartan EDF
MojoMaestro

Postby cynr100 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:43 am

Thanks Mojo have been doing that :D and thanks to pldb64 I have secured a flight sim dongle/cabling & program :D .
Now just have to wait for it to arrive in the meantime I will be reading all I can :)
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:40 am

Thinking ahead to future proof my FlySky I was looking at purchasing:-

FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR RX from HK. My 9X has the plug in module and from what I have read this module is a straight swap and the size of the Rx is better suited for the AXN, has failsafe and telemetry 8-) . Would appreciate confirmation from the more savvy members, not sure I need to go the Frsky DIY way :?: .

Thanks
Dennis
cynr100

Postby pldb64 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:05 am

Hi Dennis,

Yes - i have both the DJT & DHT DIY units and can confirm the DJT is a straight plug in for the 9X.

As far as the choice of receiver - if you're flying your AXN, not sure what you'll do with the extra 4 channels! :-) ... Bomb drops perhaps? :-)

I'm using a D4RII which has full telemetry and can connect to the FrSky sensor hub as a logical expansion if needed. It wasn't clear to me if the V8FR was a full two-way telemetry unit and hence could it connect up to the sensor hub if you want that option.

Have a look at alofthobbies.com if you want good pricing and quick shipping! I got my FrSky stuff from there and it all arrived in under a week at prices that were comparable to HobbyKing (just 2.5 weeks less delivery time).

Cheers
Peter
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks Peter, :D
Was trying to keep this simple but with all the TLA' s (3 letter acronyms) the more I read the more confused I was. Being new I was just looking for a smaller Rx at this time, the telemetry and extra channels will be there for future use.
The Rx that came with the FlySky and a Turnigy Rx I purchased separately are like house bricks when it comes to the AXN, I have trouble safely securing them. (I belt the ground alot :lol:).
Thanks for the tip on suppliers, will check them out. 8-)
I'll have a think on those extra channels, must be something I can do with them :twisted:

I deal with TLA's all day, now they hit us with 5LA's and sometimes 6ers, it's an annoying language, sign of the times. :roll:
cynr100

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:28 am

For everything but FPV with the AXN I use their little 4-channel 1-way receiver. It's good for "out of sight" range but I did notice when flying FPV that at distances of about 600m or more it was starting to get a bit slow in response so I switched to the full-range 4-channel (2-way) system and that's good for as far as the video reaches (1K-1.5K) or more.

There is a 2-way DIY option as well or the DHT-U setup which is the telemetry dashboard and transmitter all in one.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Radios and Servos