flyskyfs-th9x

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

flyskyfs-th9x

Postby falcon6 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:55 am

how do I bind a reciever to the transmitter as there are no instructions in the manual
falcon6

Re: flyskyfs-th9x

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:16 am

1. Place the bind-loop in the battery port on the receiver.

2. While holding down the bind button on the transmitter module, turn on the transmitter. After the radio starts up (beeps) you can release that button.

3. power up your receiver using a battery or BEC in any of the available channels.

if you look inside the receiver (sometimes hard to see) you should see a red LED that will be constantly on -- to indicate that the bind has completed.

4. remove the power from the receiver.

5. remove the bind plug from the receiver

6. turn off the transmitter.

All-done!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby falcon6 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 pm

thanks bruce, i followed your instructions and had no trouble. too bad fly sky doesn't include them in the manual.
falcon6

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 am

Yep, manuals are often my biggest gripe when it comes to otherwise very good Chinese products.

I'm always willing to rewrite or proof any manufacturer's manuals (for free) if they want that done -- unfortunately, very few take me up on that offer.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby pengonator » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:49 am

Hi all and greetings from germany, i just received a brand new FlySky TH9B. My friend visited Shanghai for
his company a i managed to get a store who send him the transmitter-set in his hotel. When unboxing the
FlySky TH9B i was so astonished to find a transmitter a receiver and also a plugable 2.4 GHz module. By the
way i also ordered by Allen from FrSky a DHT 2-way transmitter module a 2x 6-channel 2-way receiver in the
same way. FrSky seems to be a company with a great service. But now i have a question. In your video you
shows us how to install a FrSky 1-way transmitter module. Does it works in the same way with the 2-way
DHT module. What has to be done with the original plugable 2.4 GHz module by FlySky?

Thanks for your help
Roman
pengonator

Postby cynr100 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:00 am

Hi Roman,
Is this the unit you have:

Tx4.JPG
Tx4.JPG (26.6 KiB) Viewed 20051 times
Tx2.JPG
Tx2.JPG (31.12 KiB) Viewed 20051 times

If so then the DHT 2-way Tx module and Rx will be plug and play, keep the old module and Rx just in case. Bruces' vids revolve around the Turnigy, iMax, Eurgle 9x which has the Tx module hardwired to the transmitter and some soldering work is required if one is wanting to upgrade the radios Tx/Rx hardware (hardwired is Bruce's preference due to a previous misadventure).
Did you get a manual with the unit, if not PM me and I will email a PDF copy, once you have upgraded firmware you wont need it though.
You will get the most out of your unit if you upgrade the firmware to er9x (others are available but you need to upgrade the control unit to start with).
I took the easy way out because I am not that proficient with a soldering iron, have a look here:

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=331

I see the price has gone down :P :x :lol: , read through the site they explain most things here, pay particular attention to identifying your model of 9x it is important.
There is also a link to the 9xForums where mountains of information,hints,tips,clues and ideas abound. Once you have installed both units (was about 1/2 hour for me, I am pedantic) and installed er9x or other firmware a bigger world is opened for your 9x. You can install a Li-Ion battery pack and adjust the low voltage alarm (http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/tendollarbattery.shtml), write or rewrite functions for your 9x on your computer then flash this to the 9x, download function programs already tested by other users (eepe files in my case).
The mixes and functions of your now "new" 9x will be "limitless", more models can be installed, the ability to mix elevons, flaperons etc etc. I only have 3 models AXN, 4 channel with gyro on airlerons (selectable headhold or rate modes), a delta wing 3 channel with elevons and a 450 heli 6 channel. I have one ghost model (really No 4) to operate my Phoenix Flight Sim program.

All up my 9x has cost, with mods, AUD$144, my Li-Ion batteries were acquired FOC 8-) . My next stage is to upgrade the Tx/Rx modules to FrSky and I am working on programming flaperons for my AXN, not sure how that will function, nothing ventured nothing gained :D .

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby pengonator » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:57 am

Hi Denis,

thanks for your fast answer. Yes it is this unit.

So i can solder the DHT 2-way module just in the same way seen in Bruce vid but without removig the antena-cable, because it is not there anymore. http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=85

What is to be done with the stock-module?

Yes there is also a manual in the box. The pdf-version is already on my PC even a version
in german. Does the soldering work with 1k Ohm resistor for the trainer-port for this revision even the cable-
soldering for the firmware-upgrade for "er9x" for the transmitter?

Roman
pengonator

Postby cynr100 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:21 am

pengonator wrote:Hi Denis,

So i can solder the DHT 2-way module just in the same way seen in Bruce vid but without removig the antena-cable, because it is not there anymore. http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=85

What is to be done with the stock-module?

Roman

Oooh...aaahhh....may have led you down the wrong path, sorry Roman. I should have looked at the telemetry unit you were talking about, I'm opting for the DJT unit which is incorporated in the Tx module with no soldering so it is just a straight swap out of the old module for the new. In this case I do not know what would become of your stock module.

Hopefully Bruce or Peter (pldb64) can assist and dig you out of this whole I have created. :shock: :roll:

I have made no hardware modifications to my unit to enable a simulator connection because I am running the er9x firmware. There are some programing steps you have to take (I use Phoenix)
my process can be found here http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=927

Sorry Roman, thought I was helping but have made it difficult for you. There is a slightly differing wire setup in the FlySky because of the removable module, please don't cut or soldering anything until someone with more brains than me can help :cry:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Malcurin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:09 am

i will attempt to do so as I have this unit coming from Hobbyking as soon as they get stock in
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=85
If this is the unit that is coming to you also then Bruce does the one way Module in the video's and the soldering is the same in that as it is for the two way module, and you just mount the switch and the lights in a convenient place so you can see the lights and have access to the switch for when you want to use one or two way mode,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHnV6hGH108,

Also i would recommend that you Upgrade to ER9X too, it opens up the transmitter to make it so configurable compares to the stock firmware, it makes it as good as the high name brands
http://9xforums.com/ has an awesome wiki with all the help you will need and a very friendly bunch of users there to help get it all up and running

the stock Module and receivers .. after upgrading to Frsky you wont need them anymore, Offer them to a friend with the same transmitter or sell them Or keep them as a Just in case option :)
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:00 am

Does the soldering work with 1k Ohm resistor for the trainer-port for this revision even the cable-
soldering for the firmware-upgrade for "er9x" for the transmitter?

I'm pretty sure that the current frsky internal conversion modules have the resistor built in, but I think your main question is what to do with the hole that will be left in the back of the TX where flysky module went.
In the original conversion the contents of the flysky module were removed and it was placed back to fill the gap.
You'll have to decide if you want to keep the module or sacrifice it to fill the hole, if not an old JR type 35MHz or 72MHz module could be emptied and used.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Next

Return to Radios and Servos