Imax/Turnigy/FlySky 9x trainer switch Backwards??

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Imax/Turnigy/FlySky 9x trainer switch Backwards??

Postby TeeJayShelton » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:19 pm

I have two of these TX and both had the same problem with the trainer switch.... On the master controller you have to hold the momentary switch for you to have control and let it go for the student to have control........ Is this the case with all of the versions?? I have yet to see it on any reviews... I opened up the case and the switch has 3 tabs on it so I assume that they just soldered onto the Normally closed when the should have it on the open, vs. vers. not sure which yet but at least it will be a very easy fix. I really like their trainer features of this TX but sure didn't want to have to hold the switch to take it back from the student....

Has anyone had success using this without having to rewire the switch?? Am I doing something wrong? For now I am swapping the leads on the switch to get mine working as I have a 7 and a 5 year old and want to be able to let them have the controls a little bit at a time..... It's awesome how you can hand over just the rudder, or whatever you want one at a time, some at a a time or all at once....
With the switch flipped it will be perfect for my needs....
TeeJayShelton

Re: Imax/Turnigy/FlySky 9x trainer switch Backwards??

Postby MajorTom » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Hello. My first attempt at helping someone, so here I go...

I have ordered, but not yet received my 9x. I however can tell you quite confidently that you can make the switch behave opposite to the way it does now by moving the wire other than the one in the middle, to the other side. I have never seen a switch where the common was anywhere but in the middle. As far as doing it without soldering involved, there may be, but I know not of it. I have read about every existing thread about this Tx out there and do not remember anything about the trainer switch.
MajorTom

Postby TeeJayShelton » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:07 am

Nope I havent read one about it either ... yes the middle is the common.... you do need to solder it but that is easy. I come from an electric/electronics back ground.... The prob with the switch is easy to fix.... I was wondering if someone else had theirs functioning without cracking the case and changing the leads around.....

I was surprised no one had commented on it either so I at least now people can find something about it by searching it. It is a good tx I like it alot I'm sure you will too. This is the only problem I have had with it yet. The beeper on it is loud and doesnt have an off switch but you can add one or put a resistor in to quiet it. There is also a good thread for back lighting the display and running it on a 2cell lipo without the low volt alarm driving you nuts..... I love this TX. I sold my RDS8000 on ebay shortly after getting it and have been slowly moving everything I have over to it... Thanks for the reply
TeeJayShelton

Postby MajorTom » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:34 am

Sorry I kinda missed the point of your question! lol

I am really, really impatiently waiting for this thing. HK pushed the back-orders from mid-late June to mid-late July! I am getting back into this hobby after a 16 year hiatus, and I am just itching to get my hands on this thing! Times sure have changed in the hobby world since then. I am really looking at ultimately building an FPV rig. Something I could have only dreamed about 16 years ago!
MajorTom

Postby TeeJayShelton » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:46 am

I changed the switch position so it is work correctly now.... When you turn on the tx after changing the switch you have to hit the trainer button to silence the sxitch error alarm but no big deal....

I have another issue with it the manual says there are 2 trainer choices one being norm the other being func. /When in nor the trainer is supposed to work off of the master tranmistters settings ie. Dual rates/expo/centering/endpoints/mixing.... and in func it is supposed to operate off of the trainee's tx settings well my menu only has 2 options off or on.... and in the on position it operates off of the settings in the trainee's tx....This is annoying for me but at least the switch is working properly....

FPV sounds like fun....

I have Fly Mentor on one of my heli's and have Co-Pilot2 and 2 cpd4 units on the way.
TeeJayShelton

Postby MajorTom » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:32 am

I'm thinking of FPV as a poor man's private airplane! You can't go anywhere and if you love your toys as much as I do, crashing would be as terrifying as the real thing!

I had forgot about the switch error thing. I guess your switch problem was engineered that way!
MajorTom

Postby TeeJayShelton » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:16 am

Yes it was I rewired both of my tx and now the trainer feature I will just have to set the trainee tx up to work... I was hoping it would work with that TX just controlling not affecting anything but the stick position..... oh well.... at least it works like my old rds did now.... you have to set the model up in both tx and match settings.... I was hoping it wouldn't so I wouldn't have to eat up the memory with duplicates on each tx..... I guess I will just set up copies on the other tx but set more beginner safe....

If anyone had had any success with the training functions on this TX please let me know...
TeeJayShelton

Postby TeeJayShelton » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:04 am

Yeah I'm kinda anti crash too hence the stabalization products....I spend a lot less bench time now....
TeeJayShelton

Return to Radios and Servos