takilara wrote:I cannot find the update files on the frsky webpage, have you gotten it sent by mail?
You'll find them at: http://www.frsky-rc.com/download.asp
Going down the table, the files you need for update are:
- FrSky Firmware Update How-to for Two W
- (doc) the instructions on how to update the Tx
- FrSky firmware ROM update files (100825
- (doc) document describing what the ROM files are
- (rar) the upgrading program itself (the name is slightly different to what the instructions say)
- FrSky firmware ROM update files
- (rar) the ROM images themselves (this is the last entry in the table)
On page 2 (click 'last page' under the table, or type '2' in teh box and 'GO'):
- (rar) teh USB driver, if you are using the USB cable
*The 'Updated on' date in the table seems to be wrong, most files seem to have been updated on 25th Aug 2010.
Actually frsky-upgrade-lite.rar archive seems to include the same ROM images as the separate file entry, but I downloaded and used the second one just in case. After extracting the .rar files I copied the ROM images into the frsky-upgrade-lite directory, but this seems to be unnecessary as you can browse for the ROM image file from the app.
So after unpacking everything, I ran the cp210x program to make the drivers available to Windows, then followed the instructions in the 'How-to' document to do the upgrade. This all seemed to work ok, and the upgrade itself took less than 10 secs to load across. My PC chose COM7 for the USB serial port. Check in Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Ports (COM and LPT) to see which COM port is assigned to 'CP210x USB to UART Bridge Controller'.
Didn't solve my servo chatter problem though *sigh*. I suspect its a power rail problem, as discussed here and in some other threads. I'll be looking at that next, and trying to work out how to upgrade the Rx - the instructions don't say!