Turnigy 9xV2 questions

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: Turnigy 9xV2 questions

Postby crampy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am

RCModelReviews wrote:As I've said a few times -- quality control is an issue with the 9X.

They're better than they were -- but I think QC simply consists of scooping up the parts after it falls off the end of the assembly line and shoveling them into the box :-)

Well at least they put all the bits in the box, so we can fix it ourselves. :D
crampy

Postby Sidewinder » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 am

Make it 5 on the dedicated 9Xv2; perhaps you've already done it and I can't find it?...
Side

BTW, fantastic job on your web site Bruce! It's now on my daily required reading list. Would definitely send you a contribution if I wasn't about to loose my job with two kids currently in college. Maybe next year I will be more comfortable with shooting you some funds.
Sidewinder

Postby flyer 66 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:29 pm

hello ´
i have a problem to change the Stick mode on a tunigy 9x v2, every time when i want chance to mode 1 the display said trottel reverse ?
please help what i must do ?
flyer 66

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:00 am

Don't worry about the Throttle Reverse question -- you can always change the throttle direction later.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby av8nmac » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Thanks for the link. Only problem I had was with the pot on the throttle gimbal. Apparently it had a dead spot at full travel, so every time I calibrated it all the programming saw was zero value at the bottom and zero value at max travel. I calibrated it just slightly less than full travel. It's a nice radio, I just think until QC gets better I'll stick with well proven tx's. Now to fix my soldering mess up.

Thanks

Paul
av8nmac

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:12 am

Paul, what's probably happened is that the pot hasn't been installed properly. so is delivering voltage that goes beyond the chip's ability to respond -- hence the calibration issues. I can't recall if the 9X has them but a lot of transmitters have the ability to rotate the pot slightly and then lock it in position through the use of small "meltable" tabs. If this was the case, repositioning the pot would be a simple way to recover your full movement.
RCModelReviews

Postby Olliemutt » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:05 am

Hello, Great site you have here, Good to have a kiwi opinion & advice :D
Quick Question, Is the right hand top back switch supposed to click from one position to the next, or be held with finger?
Mine needs to be held in position, only got it today so have not opened it up yet to investigate.

Thank you.
Olliemutt

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:44 pm

One of the switches (I can't recall which) is for the trainer option so it's a momentary-contact switch spring loaded to always return to the same position.
RCModelReviews

Re: Turnigy 9xV2 XXX please help me XXX

Postby derp65 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:30 am

Dear all

I just received my new T 9x from HK. I feel though there is something wrong. At first some seconds after swtiching it on, the display went blank for no reason. Today, I try to use the menu button, but there is no way it deploys the full menu and the only way is to start clicking menu and up /down keys insistently. I had a T9X before whcih I sold but it didn´t show this behavior.

Could you guys out there please advise me what can be going wrong ?

Thank you sooo much

David
derp65

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:56 am

A lot of the issues with the 9X seem to be related to bad construction. Check that every plug is properly seated in its connector, check that the AA cells are properly contacting each other and the holder.
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos