FRsky DHT

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

FRsky DHT

Postby ArjanH » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi guys.

After about 6 months of it sitting in my garage I had a forced holiday so decided to finally get to have a look at what I believed to be a faulty transmitter DIY module. I rechecked all the connections but was unable to make it work. So swapped it out with the replacement I ordered from HK ages ago. Immediately I got flashing lights and things looked a lot better but was unable to get it to bind to the 6DFr receiver. After a lot of head scratching and reading and rereading manuals etc I almost by accident found that the SMA plug wasn't connected to the antenna lead and only there by virtue of the heat shrink. A trip in to town for a new SMA plug proved fruitless so I decided to unsolder the lead from the faulty unit and resolder it to its replacement. Luckily after removing the heat shrink from the boards I found that both were connected via a micro plug (sorry don't know the type) and this made the swap easy. Now binding went successful and so I wrapped the board in some insulation tape tidied things up and closed the back of my JR X378. I finally built the AXN that had been laying about for just as long, charged the batteries and did a range test. All went well.

After a few near crash hand launches (the 2200Mah 3s battery seems really heavy so the hand launches had to be really "spirited") I finally gave it full noise and flew away. Almost immediately I got beeping from my transmitter sounding a bit like a vario (beeps rising in pitch followed by a low beep) but they stopped and started what appears to be randomly. I am guessing this is a low signal tone? The AXN flew fine apart from the nose heavy feel and I haven't noticed any glitches (its only been 1 flight though). I guess I just want to confirm that those beeps are low signal beeps and if there is anything to worry about?

Cheers

Arjan
Rotovegas
ArjanH

Re: FRsky DHT

Postby cynr100 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:46 am

Do you mean the "D6Fr" if so, yes, the beeping does relate to signal loss via the telemetry capability of the Rx. Ensure that you have the antennas mounted so they are at 90degrees to each other as they are true diversity, do not lay them side by side in the fuselage.
The AXN has a tendency to nose dive under full power until wing lift over comes the thrust line of the motor, it may be a "glider" but does require a "spirited" toss to get going.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Return to Radios and Servos