Transmitter Antenna Position?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Transmitter Antenna Position?

Postby maguro » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:34 pm

I've seen people position their 2.4G transmitter antenna in every orientation imaginable relative to the transmitter. I usually position my antenna at 45 degrees pointing skyward. Is there a preferred position for the transmitter antenna?

Roger
maguro

Re: Transmitter Antenna Position?

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 am

What ever works. The goal is to ensure that the transmitter antenna isn't directly pointed at the model when flying.

I just leave mine straight up because I usually hold the transmitter slightly to the side of where I'm looking (which would be at the model).

Others may find that they tend to point the transmitter directly at the model when flying so they're best advised to angle the antenna so that it's to one side.

At our club there are some who fly with the antenna straight up like me, others who bend it 90 degrees left or right, and others who bend it so that it's pointing straight out the back.

All configurations seem to work -- nobody's ever encountered an issue so I guess that although it's important in theory, in practice there's so much headroom built into our radios that it really doesn't make any practical difference.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Radios and Servos