Looking For Wright Information.

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Looking For Wright Information.

Postby iflylilplanes » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi All,
A friend in England and I are looking for info on the Les Wright radio gear manufactured in the late 1950's early 1960's, these single channel systems were marketed under the HMV and later, Wright labels in New Zealand.

My English friend has managed to procure a ground based Wright transmitter for his collection and would like to get it operational, circuit diagrams for the transmitter are needed, we have Wright receivers, relaytors and spare valves all in working condition already.

In the early 1950's Wright radio gear was used in world record holding endurance flights in New Zealand by Frank Bethwaite, first New Zealander to get onto the FAI world record lists.

Frank Bethwaite with his world record endurance model with a Wright transmitter at the nose of the model.

We have found articles one by Les Wright himself in Aeromodeller Annual 1955-56 and another by Frank Bethwaite, both very good but none of the info we need, the MFNZ article I found is pitiful when you consider Les Wright was one of the pioneers in radio control.

Any circuit diagrams, scans of manuals/instructions or magazine articles would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Dave
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Return to Radios and Servos