New FASST compatible receivers from China

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: New FASST compatible receivers from China

Postby P3tras » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:36 pm

Hey,
Hobbyking listed OrengeRX 8ch FASST receivers for preorder. 30$. Is it frsky receivers? ETA: 17th September
Esky Esmart (grounded, doesn't have parts), Blade EPP (flying), Old glow trainer airplane (needs some tweaking)
P3tras

Postby Marc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:51 pm

I just got an email announcing pre-orders fro this receiver.
I think they are going to go FASST!!! lol
Due in on 17-SEP
Marc

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:11 pm

As I said... reviewed here next week :-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby mosca.br » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:30 am

One thing I noticed about those RX is that they are 8channels, yet they list the TM7 as beeing compatible, does it detect what kind of transmission the TX is using? (7ch or multichannel?)
mosca.br

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:48 am

I will be testing to find out.
RCModelReviews

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:49 am

Someone should wake these guys up to RCModelReviews.com :-)
RCModelReviews

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:18 pm

I love it... the guys over at FlyingGiants (another discussion forum that censured me for daring to find flaws in a major advertiser's products) have noticed that the Sino-FASST receivers are about to arrive.

They're all moaning and bitching about how they'd never risk a model to cheap Chinese rubbish receivers and how they won't be a patch on "the real thing".

Deja vu!

I remember when the DL50 engines first went on the market.

The guys at FG all said "cheap Chinese crap" and that they'd never be seen dead using a "knock-off" engine.

They would stick by the US manufacturer of DA engines and the Chinese were ripping off DA's designs, they said.

Now, just a year or two later -- everyone at FG *loves* DL(E) engines and they're all crowing about how good they are.

(saving) money talks, and (some) people are such hypocrites when it comes to making their hobby dollars go further.

If these receivers test out okay then just watch what they're saying about them in another 12 months over at FG.

Another reminder why I set up these forums ;-)
RCModelReviews

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 am

The courier just dropped off the FASST-compatible receiver, I have it in my hot little hand now.

I'd best get out to the workshop and start testing!
RCModelReviews

Postby mosca.br » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:32 am

RCModelReviews wrote:The courier just dropped off the FASST-compatible receiver, I have it in my hot little hand now.

I'd best get out to the workshop and start testing!

I can't wait for the result, and to know if it really works in 7channel mode!
mosca.br

Postby cuban8 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Interesting review on the Chinese Foobar FAAST Rx. But why do you keep rubbishing Spektrum's performance? "The Spektrum RX would have gone to sleep with a mug of cocoa at such low voltages" or whatever it was you said, is a bit insulting to all us Spekky users and suggests that we are idiots for using Spektrum. I fly regularly with dozens of Spekky users who are far from fools, and interestingly enough have no issues with the performance of Spektrum gear. A few chaps I know who are looking at going over to 2.4 have commented on how rubbish Spektrum radio is, and how models are crashing all over the world because it can't cope with the tests that they saw on the internet (your tests actually!). I'm sure you had your tongue in your cheek when you made the Cocoa jibe at Spektrum, but lots of modellers are impressionable and may have their judgement unfairly clouded.
I still use my trusty Futaba 35Mhz gear in some models, but decided that enough was enough on the price front with their FAAST gear. I have complete confidence in my Spekky outfit on the basis of its performance over the last six months, and surely if there was a fundamental problem with DSM2, the Americans would all be rushing to their Lawyers and taking retribution through the courts.

Certainly not wishing to be a mouthpiece for Spektrum, they are quite capable of looking after themselves, just wanted to put a satisfied customer's take on it.
Thanks for all the work that you do for us. :D :D

Cheers

C8
cuban8

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos