Eurgle 9x failed R2Hobbies warranty?? New Tranny needed

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Eurgle 9x failed R2Hobbies warranty?? New Tranny needed

Postby Light Shaft » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:25 am

I was using setting buttons. The set went dead...11 months old...
Checked inside, getting power to switch and square resistors are getting warm on board 8 x nmih batteries .Does not transmit and the screen is blank.
Any idea what fault may be???

Bought from R2Hobbies $118 dollars. they are now $83 They are offering me a replacement with a 30% discount($60) + Postage. I notice HKing sell the new series 3 with the fixed module & antenae & updated software a bit cheaper than this. I have 3 of the old style satellite receivers.(Series 2 ??)

Question if I buy the new series 3 from HKing with the update software, Can I remove the new fixed module and refit my exststing module and use my original recievers???.. and the single type reciever that will come with it???

Hope someone can shed light on this dillema Still trying to get R2 to make better offer but they seem to be the only people with the series 2 transmitter.
Light Shaft

Re: Eurgle 9x failed R2Hobbies warranty?? New Tranny needed

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:17 pm

It obviously depends why your original radio failed as to whether you could use your old module.

If the module itself is dead then that won't work :-(

If it's just a fault on the old transmitter's logic board then you can probably get away with the conversion.

However, for the cost involved, I'd just dump the old transmitter, buy a Turnigy one and some of the new V2 receivers. You'll get a system with better software, more resilient RF link and a greater chance of being able to get more receivers when/if you need them.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Light Shaft » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks for that I was thinking of going that way.. but I only just bought 2 new receivers,,, a real pain..

I paid $118 for my set with a new one, my set will have cost $200 not looking so cheap.. I am trying Flysky to see if they will sell me a new transmitter...
Light Shaft

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:46 pm

You may find buyers for your V1 receivers, they're getting thin on the ground, although I seek that HK restocked recently.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Radios and Servos