How to update FrSky Receivers?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: How to update FrSky Receivers?

Postby slow_jun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:13 am

is this the RX upgrade applicable for a V8r4 ( 4 channel receiver)? i was hoping this may solve the server cogging/jitter that im experiencing on my V8HT diy 2.4 kit.

thanks in advance.
slow_jun

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 am

I don't think there is an update for the 4-channel receiver.

I suggest you fly "as is" and you may be surprised that you simply don't notice the jitter when the model is actually in the air. I was surprised to find this on one system that showed this effect. Quite surprising.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby slow_jun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 am

im using a v8ht diy with a v8r4 for my surface RC, is there a fix for a one way servo issue or only for the two way?any chance i can get it replaced and just add the difference?any person i can contact at frsky?

thanks in advance.
slow_jun

Postby GBR2 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm also using a Win7 64 bit OS system and it doesn't like the driver that FrSky supplies with their USB adapter. Does anyone know where a driver that works can be found? Thanks.
GBR2

Postby takilara » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:33 pm

GBR2 wrote:I'm also using a Win7 64 bit OS system and it doesn't like the driver that FrSky supplies with their USB adapter. Does anyone know where a driver that works can be found? Thanks.

I think i use a driver from here http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?id=31 i see mine is 1210 though.
The price of getting what you want;
is getting what you once wanted...
_____
T-REX 600 ESP
CopterX 450AE V2
Multiplex FunCub
Belt-CP
takilara

Postby W5HYN » Mon May 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Been reading this thread anticipating having to do the update. But when I installed a DFT module in my JR X-378 and tested with V8FR-HV and V8R4 receivers there was no servo jitter. Servo action is silky smooth. Been flying with the V8R4 several times and all is perfect. All this equipment was recently purchased so maybe all new production includes the V2 update? I do a lot of park flying so I was delighted to see no problem with the 4 channel RX :)
W5HYN

Previous

Return to Radios and Servos