Lanyo problem

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Lanyo problem

Postby Jaap_98 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:06 am

Hi, I bought an electric motor powered "SOARING EAGLE TW 738 II" :?: for my son.
The tx system says Lanyo on it and is a 35mhz system.
The receiver has 2 5 pin sockets for the servos and i think (i m a beginner) the motor control. from here 2 wires go directly to the brushed motor. (there is no controll on that).

I flew it for the 2nd time yessterday with my son. (it is his birthday present) and upon testing smoke came from the rx unit (sealed in black shrink plastic).

I would like to replace the rx and speedcontrol, but cannot find the original part. Can I use any other makes and would they work with my servos and transmitter?

Any help will be very appreciated!

Many thanks, Jaap
Jaap_98

Re: Lanyo problem

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue May 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Unfortunately these low-cost systems are often a little bit proprietary in nature so the chances of finding a compatible replacement that has the speed controller and receiver in one package is near-zero.

Can you return it under warranty?

Otherwise, it's actually almost as cheap now to buy something like the HK 4-channel 2.4GHz system and an ARF model with the servos, motor and ESC already installed. At least then you can replace bits individually if necessary and you can also re-use the bits in another model if/once you've broken the original.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Radios and Servos