Futaba 7C > computer

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Futaba 7C > computer

Postby P3tras » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi guys :)
Long time ago, I bought Chinese USB simulator cable that works with many transmitters. I was using it with FM transmitter, so I just removed crystal and it worked flawlessly with RF power disabled. Today I tried connecting it to my futaba 7C 2.4ghz radio system. It works but battery lasts less than an hour because of RF module powered ON. I found info online that you should short circuit 4 and 5 PIN and tx will power on with RF module disabled. So I drilled connector, spent some time with soldering iron and shorted those two pins. But when I plugged connector into tx - nothing happened. I thought maybe shorted connectors aren't reaching contacts so I removed them from connector and plugged them directly into tx. And again nothing happened. Then I opened Futaba and checked connectors with a multimeter. They are 100% shorted. But I noticed that contact #4 doesn't go anywhere (just like contact #1). So my question is: Is there any way to make simulator cable which turns on TX with RF power OFF. Here is connector diagram:
It seems that Futaba doesn't make simulator cable, but tx to tx cable is soldered this way (not 100% sure):
3>6
2>2
5>5
Thanks for any help :P
Esky Esmart (grounded, doesn't have parts), Blade EPP (flying), Old glow trainer airplane (needs some tweaking)
P3tras

Return to Radios and Servos