FrSky DFT Futaba FP-T7UAF issue...Help Please

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

FrSky DFT Futaba FP-T7UAF issue...Help Please

Postby creativeimages » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:16 am

I just received my FRSky DFT rx module w/telemetry and D8R rx w/telemetry the other day and I have installed them in my Futaba FP-T7UAF radio and a GP Super Stearman. It seems to bind ok when in bind mode tx has steady green led and flashing red led, the rx does the same, but when I turn off the tx and rx and restart as instructions say I get absolutely no servo response. I have checked and rx is not on HS mode it switches between them just as instructions indicate. The led's on the tx are fast flashing green and steady red...the rx is green off and steady red. any ideas what may be wrong or what I may be doing incorrectly?

p.s. the dip switches on back of tx are both in off position.
creativeimages

Re: FrSky DFT Futaba FP-T7UAF issue...Help Please

Postby creativeimages » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:32 pm

since I couldnt get any kind of response here I went somewhere else to get help and it works fine now...thanks for all the help!!! NOT!
creativeimages

Postby A10FLYR » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:22 am

Since no one here was able to help you...care to share or are you gonna just sit there and bitch?;-) I just got my system today and am having the same problems so I came on here to see if I could get some help!
Thanks....
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby disco stu » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 am

It is a good point A10flyr. May well be cause no one here knew how to help you creativeimages
disco stu

Postby pushinoldrc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:22 am

To A10FLYR:
If the symptoms are exactly the same as creativeimages problem, make sure your 7UAF or 7FF MODE is set to PPM in the PARA section. The data stream is still transmitted, but the receiver cannot do anything with it. This is a 'problem' with all 2.4 module and DIY systems.
Bryan
Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be perfected!
pushinoldrc

Postby creativeimages » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:17 am

disco stu wrote:It is a good point A10flyr. May well be cause no one here knew how to help you creativeimages

could have at least said I dont know, sorry... but once I go angry and "bitched" I sure got some responses
creativeimages

Postby creativeimages » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:18 am

A10FLYR wrote:Since no one here was able to help you...care to share or are you gonna just sit there and bitch?;-) I just got my system today and am having the same problems so I came on here to see if I could get some help!
Thanks....

plug battery into channel 8
creativeimages

Postby A10FLYR » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks Mate, I'll give that a try altho I would think the buss would go from one end to the other making it non critical which port you plug into.
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby creativeimages » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:02 am

A10FLYR wrote:Thanks Mate, I'll give that a try altho I would think the buss would go from one end to the other making it non critical which port you plug into.

wouldn't hurt to check mode as well like pushinoldrc says....be sure yur in ppm
creativeimages

Postby disco stu » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:33 am

creativeimages wrote:
disco stu wrote:It is a good point A10flyr. May well be cause no one here knew how to help you creativeimages

could have at least said I dont know, sorry... but once I go angry and "bitched" I sure got some responses

I do understand, as I hate waiting on responses on things. But I do remind myself that no one is getting payed etc, so arn't obliged to help me. I do hate waiting though, impatient I am

Can't really have your thread filled with all members just stating they don't know. I did read your post but had absolutely no idea, so I didn't post.

Just being devils advocate as I seem to have a habit of doing, or so I'm told by the wife :D
disco stu

Next

Return to Radios and Servos