The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby gvdgvdgvd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:46 pm

why fr sky output power is so low compared to corona? More output power means more range!
also will there be an update on the system so that the GUID clashing will no more be an issue?
Also why DIY modules are cheaper and smaller than the ordinary ones
I think that hack modules can overheat quickly because the parts used are samller and there is no space for cooling....in the module itself and in the TX....
Please comment.
gvdgvdgvd

Postby kneedrag » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 pm

gvdgvdgvd wrote:why fr sky output power is so low compared to corona? More output power means more range!

Power is low in range check mode so you don't have to walk halfway across the field to do a range check.

also will there be an update on the system so that the GUID clashing will no more be an issue?

It is being worked on. As to what or how it will be is yet to be determined.

Also why DIY modules are cheaper and smaller than the ordinary ones

More than likely because the don't have to be mounted in a plastic case. They are just a board that is heat shrinked. If you look inside a JR or Futaba module it is the same board so to speak.

I think that hack modules can overheat quickly because the parts used are samller and there is no space for cooling....in the module itself and in the TX....
Please comment.

Heating is caused by the amount of voltage you feed the module. Excess current is burned off as heat. The full modules are also crammed in a small plastic box.
kneedrag

Postby gvdgvdgvd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:28 pm

I was not talking about range check mode. At "full power" the output of the FR Sky TX is still less then Corona.... I am sure they can make it more powerfull but why did they choose to make it less tnah 100 mw??
Also is there any way to mod the TX and increase the output power to 100 or even 150 mw?
Thanx in advance!
gvdgvdgvd

Postby funtana » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:41 pm

The frsky range using the full range receivers is out of sight, so im'e just wondering why you need more range? unless your flying fpv and intend flying to great distances, also i find the endurance of my transmitters is superb since fitting the frsky, ok i have a 2600 nimh fitted but can do 12 hours flying on a full charge and still well above nominal voltage.
funtana

Postby RobC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:09 pm

gvdgvdgvd wrote: why did they choose to make it less tnah 100 mw??
Also is there any way to mod the TX and increase the output power to 100 or even 150 mw?
Thanx in advance!

Maybe to make it comply with more countries local legislation?
RobC

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:45 pm

Last time I measured it, the FrSky power output was about 60mW and, when you take the 2dBi transmitter antenna into account, that results in an ERP (effective radiated power) of 100mW.

Remember of course that we are comparing apples and oranges a little here -- the Corona is a 3-frequency DSSS system and the FrSky is a constantly agile hybrid DSSS system (mistakenly called FHSS) so the FrSky distributes its energy across far more of the band than the Corona does.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby suchislife » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:20 am

the FrSky distributes its energy across far more of the band than the Corona does.

So you have less chance of interference, but how does this distribution of energy affect range for a given power output?
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Postby funtana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Well it's going on two weeks now since this incident and we still have no answer, i don't know about anyone else but im'e beginning to feel a little uneasy, i have a few scenarios in mind which i'll not go into at the moment but i imagine quite a few people are probably thinking along the same lines, just hope im'e 100 percent wrong.
funtana

Postby A10FLYR » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Yup, I've been thinking about it a lot....and I'm going to continue not worring about it 'cause I don't think its much of a problem. We've had many radio issues over the years and to the best of my recollection NO one has been killed or even hurt.
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby kneedrag » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Bare in mind this is the first and only occurrence of this happening world wide. So it is not as though all the models are falling out the sky issue. More of a guidance to just check if you are flying in a large group that there are no conflicts before flying your model.

While the problem is known it may take a while to find a fix which can be rolled out easily while ensuring that it does not happen again.
kneedrag

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos