FrSky V8HT module, servo stepping - status?

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

FrSky V8HT module, servo stepping - status?

Postby ikorman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:50 am

Hi

Regarding servo stepping issue on FrSky TX modules, I'm wondering if there is conclusion what is cause of that and can it be resolved? There was one big thread on this topic half a year ago, but could not remember to find conclusion on that topic. One of suggestions was to invert PPM signal (will try that), but is this the proper solution? There was also mention of firmware upgrade, but as far as I know hack module is not upgradeable, right?

I'm using Graupnner MX-12 (aka JR6102, non synth), with V8HT DIY hack module. There were interpretations of the problem that although it does not look nice when looking at servo movement, it actually does not influence flying capabilities (as servo will always go to desired to position). Is this really true (for both airplanes and helies)?

Thx.
Ivan
ikorman

Re: FrSky V8HT module, servo stepping - status?

Postby kneedrag » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:24 pm

The standard hack module is not user upgradeable. The new 2-way one like the 2-way modules is however.

I have a friend with the same remote as you and a FrSky DIY module installed. If I recall one of the best ways was to give the module a clean as possible power supply. i.e. as close to the battery as possible or run it off a BEC. His is set up with a BEC and all his models servo's are sitting dead still unless he moves the sticks and they all return to exactly where they started from.

I know with the 2-way systems that seemed to be more susceptible to this they upgraded the firmware which allowed you to switch the speed between 7ms and 14ms on the receiver. using the faster speed for digitals servo's and the slower speed for analogue servos.
kneedrag

Postby ikorman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Well, it is supplied by battery directly, so I doubt that is causing problem in my case. Thx anyway.

By the way, I tried to invert PPM signal, but no effect.
ikorman

Postby slow_jun » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:35 am

would be interested on the conclusion to this problem.

thanks,
slow_jun

Return to Radios and Servos