Page 8 of 9

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:06 pm
by f3ktony
peso wrote:Very interesting. Could you tell us more how you reproduced the error condition. This very seldom can be done and would be of great value.

Basically we just turned off the Txs to simulate loosing the signal. Failsafes had been set to power off, even with the throttle off when the signal was lost (Tx turned off) the motor just powered up and kept going :shock:

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:10 pm
by Anthony
Hello I have recently been doing some shopping on Goodluckbuy, and came across some Spectrum AR6200 recivers for $19 including shipping, This to me is quit a diffrence from the price that I pay at my local hobby shop, a price of $69 plus 15% tax, around $80 total. I'm sure that this is a fake reciver. And the saying goes if it sounds to good to be true then it's to good to be true , but I order one any ways to check it out. If this reciver turns out to have the same functions and range as my geniuin $80 reciver I still will only use this on a inexspencive plane, and when I build a plane that has a lot of time and money then I will not take the chance on using a none genuine part. I guess my point is, with the Chinese cheap parts I'm able to fly a lot of diffren't planes at a very very cheap price or I can just put alot of money into a very good and expensive plane. So for me it comes down to buying the right reciver for the right plane. loving the china market buying cheap stuff, spending a small fortune doing it and flying planes a lot diffrent then I do my more exspencive planes. P.S also have used HK orange reciver had no problems.

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:00 pm
by ergocentric
Anthony wrote:Hello I have recently been doing some shopping on Goodluckbuy, and came across some Spectrum AR6200 recivers for $19 including shipping, This to me is quit a diffrence from the price that I pay at my local hobby shop, a price of $69 plus 15% tax, around $80 total. I'm sure that this is a fake reciver. And the saying goes if it sounds to good to be true then it's to good to be true , but I order one any ways to check it out. If this reciver turns out to have the same functions and range as my geniuin $80 reciver I still will only use this on a inexspencive plane, and when I build a plane that has a lot of time and money then I will not take the chance on using a none genuine part. I guess my point is, with the Chinese cheap parts I'm able to fly a lot of diffren't planes at a very very cheap price or I can just put alot of money into a very good and expensive plane. So for me it comes down to buying the right reciver for the right plane. loving the china market buying cheap stuff, spending a small fortune doing it and flying planes a lot diffrent then I do my more exspencive planes. P.S also have used HK orange reciver had no problems.


Sometimes they do work, sometimes they work but then fail Spektacularly.

If you had to spend $60 on broken planes to get one good one, would it be a good deal?

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:02 am
by Aussie Joe
Anthony wrote:Hello I have recently been doing some shopping on Goodluckbuy, and came across some Spectrum AR6200 recivers for $19 including shipping, This to me is quit a diffrence from the price that I pay at my local hobby shop, a price of $69 plus 15% tax, around $80 total. I'm sure that this is a fake reciver. And the saying goes if it sounds to good to be true then it's to good to be true , but I order one any ways to check it out. If this reciver turns out to have the same functions and range as my geniuin $80 reciver I still will only use this on a inexspencive plane, and when I build a plane that has a lot of time and money then I will not take the chance on using a none genuine part. I guess my point is, with the Chinese cheap parts I'm able to fly a lot of diffren't planes at a very very cheap price or I can just put alot of money into a very good and expensive plane. So for me it comes down to buying the right reciver for the right plane. loving the china market buying cheap stuff, spending a small fortune doing it and flying planes a lot diffrent then I do my more exspencive planes. P.S also have used HK orange reciver had no problems.

Hi Anthony,

Good to here you doing well with them. I allso use DSM2 and a grate fan of the Orange RX from HK, I have 12 Orange RX and 3 genuine Spektrums. After 1000s of flights I have only had 3 unexplained crashes (2 orange 1 spektrum). I fly at a large club and I have seen with my "own eyes" outher "BIG RADIO" brands fail just as Spektacularly as Spektrum,
From my "own experience" I have had to much fun to change no matter what any one says (including Bruce, LOL).

Cheers Joe

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:58 pm
by ziggytzag
HobbyKing has just introduced a 7Ch DSM2 OrangeX reciever with 2 different modes of Failsafe
it also has a single port S. bus output (for Futaba stuff, I'm not familiar with) and a plug for remote satelite.
Now were talking.
By the way don't forget to check RC international ( http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm ) for HobbyKing buddy codes, just remember you have to be logged in to HK to get the discount.
Its easy to use just log into HK go to the item your interested in, copy the name of item with a right click, open RC international in new window and paste in
swarm search bar, if there are any buddy codes for that item they will appear below the bar, click on the item and it will take you to a new window with the discounted price.
You can only bye 3 of the same item at that price, if you enter more it will go back to 1.
I purchased 3- 3S2200 25-50C nanotech lipos for $10 and change each.

I will say if I had an expensive balsa or flying at a club with many transmitters going I would use only a DSMX reciever and spend the extra money.
That said the spektrum factory park flyer recievers are a rediculous price and I would not spend my money on them.
Ziggy

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:21 pm
by RCMikeofIndiana
ziggytzag wrote:HobbyKing has just introduced a 7Ch DSM2 OrangeX reciever with 2 different modes of Failsafe
it also has a single port S. bus output (for Futaba stuff, I'm not familiar with) and a plug for remote satelite.
Now were talking.
By the way don't forget to check RC international ( http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm ) for HobbyKing buddy codes, just remember you have to be logged in to HK to get the discount.
Its easy to use just log into HK go to the item your interested in, copy the name of item with a right click, open RC international in new window and paste in
swarm search bar, if there are any buddy codes for that item they will appear below the bar, click on the item and it will take you to a new window with the discounted price.
You can only bye 3 of the same item at that price, if you enter more it will go back to 1.
I purchased 3- 3S2200 25-50C nanotech lipos for $10 and change each.

I will say if I had an expensive balsa or flying at a club with many transmitters going I would use only a DSMX reciever and spend the extra money.
That said the spektrum factory park flyer recievers are a rediculous price and I would not spend my money on them.
Ziggy


Hobbyking.com does not list any OrangeX receivers. Does anyone have a link?

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:52 am
by Aussie Joe
RCMikeofIndiana wrote:
Hobbyking.com does not list any OrangeX receivers. Does anyone have a link?


Here is a link to them, and right now there all in stock (DSM2) :)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__294__190__Tx_Rx_Systems_Parts-2_2E4Ghz_Spektrum.html


(Orange allso make them for Futaba)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__331__190__-2_2E4Ghz_Futaba.html

Cheers
Joe

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 pm
by aeajr
So, how are all you users of Fake Spektrum receivers doing?

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 pm
by Seano
I thought Rc Model Reviews was going to test the Orange receivers at some stage, if my memory serves me right this was over a year ago. Well I have been using the Orange 6Ch receiver for over a year now and have to say I have not encountered any problems. Infact since I have combined the Satellite receiver with the receiver I'd have to say they are bullet proof. I've been flying them in combat wings & slope pylon racers and they haven't let me down. I'd say Spektrum have shot themselves in the foot!! An Orange 6 Ch receiver will set you back $5.99 yes that's right and the Satellite Receiver will set you back $11.83. Well folks that a tiny total of $17.82!!! Compared to the Spektrum receivers that's a huge saving. Thanks Hobby King keep up the good work, keeping hobbyist in the sport rather than trying to Rip them off.

Re: A wave of fake Spektrum products about to appear?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:28 pm
by RCModelReviews
The problem I have is that I don't have a DSM2 transmitter - nor does anyone around here.

Can't test a receiver without a matching transmitter and I'm not going to splash out a $$$ for something that I'll only ever use to test a $5 receiver. I think there are much more pressing uses for my meager review budget.