Turnigy 9X LCD Backlight Kit - Blue (DIY) and the $8 battery

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

Re: Turnigy 9X LCD Backlight Kit - Blue (DIY) and the $8 bat

Postby TG72 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:09 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Hi,
I have installed this kit in my two turnigy radios with Bruce's conversion battery in one and Five Uniross Hybro batteries in the other giving about the same voltage. Both work OK but to be honest are not that bright but... if the light is so poor you can't see the display in room lighting or daylight then it does the job.
One thing I did notice was my led back-lights were not exactly the same size, one fitted in much more easily than the other I also fitted toggle switches top left of the transmitters (to match the other switches) to turn the back-light on and off, as its totally useless in daylight and a waste of power.
A tip about peeling the old foam pad off, make sure the transmitter is warm and the room temperature is 70+ f or so the pad peels much better in the warm, peel it slowly that way it comes off in one piece. When it's cold it breaks up there's a video on the web with a Canadian guy scraping it off bit by bit, took him ages don't know if he was doing it in an igloo!

:o Thanks Bill, your tip about room temperature was so right. The foam on mine peeled off in one solid piece, when done very slowly. It was truly a piece of cake, unlike the video! I did the battery conversion also which works great.
TG72

Previous

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries