Charging NI ZN rx pack

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

Charging NI ZN rx pack

Postby Bruce8 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi I just bought a Turnigy Accucell 6 from hobbyking having been told I could charge my Ni Zn pack with this. All I have to do is use the NiCd setting because the charge curves are supposedly the same. Is the current value that you can change the cut off value on the charger? Has anyone had any experience with such a charger and a battery? Any thoughts? Would love to hear all! Thanks
Bruce8

Re: Charging NI ZN rx pack

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:18 pm

It appears that these batteries will not charge properly with ni-cd charge parameters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel%E2% ... nc_battery
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Bruce8 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm

It seems to say that the charge curve is the same as the ni cd hmm will see what I can do. Thanks for the advice though! Any other views?
Bruce8

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:12 pm

They might have the same charge curve but the cells end voltage is higher nominal 1.6 volts per cell as opposed to nominal 1.2 volts a cell so the charger will stop charging prematurely.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Bruce8 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:45 am

Can I alter the cut off from 1.2 to 1.6 with the turnigy acucell 6 charger?
Bruce8

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:34 pm

It appears not you can only change the delta peak for ni-cd and ni-mh, not the charge end voltage on the accucell 6.

BillGriffiths100

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries