Orange DSMX/DSM2 JR compatible TX module in a Taranis

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

Orange DSMX/DSM2 JR compatible TX module in a Taranis

Postby Iwade » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:00 am

I have owned and enjoyed ( apart from programming the swine! ) my Taranis for about 2 years now.
For Christmas my son bought me an E-flight BNF UMX Radian with the AS3X technology. I purchased from HobbyKing an Orange DSMX/DSM2 module to covert the Taranis to the Spectrum system.
Following a cross section of youtube vids ( of course there was no manual supplied with it ) on how to bind this module to a Spectrum BNF model I successfully managed to bind the module to the Radian's Rx. All that is except for the ESC - there is no throttle control. This seems to be a common problem on several other forums.
In the model set up menu in Taranis I have switched to the external modem in PPM mode with a frame rate of 22.5ms and 300u with a negative polarity. ( I have tried changing this to + but makes no difference ).
The Orange module I am referring to is listed on Hobbyking as id 9171000302-0 . The Turnigy/ JR compatible one without the dip switches.
If anyone has had similar problems and has a fix I would love to hear about it.
Sorry to ramble on but old men are allowed to do this!
Iwade

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries