broken flysky receiver.

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

broken flysky receiver.

Postby wheelspinner20 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:57 am

In your review of the V2 flysky 2.4ghtz radio set. You stated the crystal was a non surface mount and fragile. I think I backed you up on this. I had a particullarly hard hit with it in my epp foam combat wing and it no longer works. I tested for 5 volts coming from the ESC lead, it is good. The light very briefly blinks and goes out. No response for any controls. Attempts to rebind it unsuccessful, it does however get a little warm when left plugged into battery, this was normal before impact also. How does one test, identify and source, if bad that crystal on the receiver board.The number on mine is Q16.000A. Also notable is the fact that I did not like the big bulkey case that it was contained in so I removed it and secured it in a slot cut in the foam just big enough to hold it securely. I also hot glued the antenna securely as a strain relief and am reasonably sure that it is still in tact.

Thanks for any advise on this matter.

P. Wheeler
MIcigan, U.S.
wheelspinner20

Re: broken flysky receiver.

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 am

The crystal is the physically most vulnerable part -- and they're easy to source (costing just a $ or two).

The easiest way to test it would be to replace it. It's looks like a 16MHz crystal so this one would probably do the trick for $0.95 plus shipping.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries