Antennas

Nicad, NiMH, Lithium, A123? If it's transmitter or receiver batteries you want to talk about, do it in this forum.

Re: Antennas

Postby boatbobber » Thu May 19, 2011 11:58 pm

OK OK I get it !!!! Of course I will test, that is all I have been doing for three years. Unfortunately, my experience with electronics is limited at best but I can say I know a lot more now than I did three years ago. I may try to project the exposed section of the wire antenna out the top of the boat just to see how much improvement is gained in range. My latest problem is not enough power to the micro jet drives, so my engineer suggests we jump up to an 11.1 volt battery to throw more juice to the brushed motors. Well, my engineer is a great cad design guy with strong experience in water tight design but he knows less than I do about RC electronics. I contact my battery person in China and she ships me a custom 11.1 volt battery to fit in my battery compartment. Not so fast, I remember my electronics guy telling me something a year ago about the rx circuit board not being designed for any more than 7.4 volt. Now I have a great battery but I am waiting for my electronics to be redesigned to handle the extra voltage. I am hopeful that if I hang around here long enough I might be able to save some steps. I do see light at the end of the tunnel, I just wish it was a little brighter...Jeff
boatbobber

Postby kaptain_zero » Fri May 20, 2011 12:29 am

Sorry, didn't mean to go off the deep end on you.....<grin> It's just that I've wasted a lot of my youth jumping to conclusions.

Oh... and one last thing...... just make sure that the faint light you see at the end of the tunnel isn't really a train coming the other way! :twisted:

All the best and I hope your project works out in the end.

Regards

Kaptain "I never know when to say when" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby Burnt Toast » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:33 am

the Spektrum DX5 , stay away from these in rc boats , they are rubbish .
Im using the Turnigy 2.4 9x its great so far , cant falt the setup at all .
Im about to put a RX in to a carbon fibre hydro hull .
Burnt Toast

Previous

Return to Receiver/transmitter Batteries