My FrSky telemetry project

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

Re: My FrSky telemetry project

Postby suchislife » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:51 pm

A10FLYR wrote:How do you know when he updates utube?

Thanks Bruce for the info, glad to know the project is still alive. We never doubted you :?
It just goes to show how interested people are in this, when we worry so :D
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Postby A10FLYR » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 am

Thanks, I'm sure I did that already but I'll try again. Yup, did that but did not check the box regarding notification! Duh!
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby iceman0988 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:09 pm

where do we get the things to build our own telemetry. could someone please advise, i would love to do this thanks for any info.
iceman0988

Postby cweeks » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:49 am

To source the components we will need to wait to see what's in the final design first. It also depends what country you are in.
cweeks

Postby rcfun » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:38 am

Bruce,
I haven't seen an update on the telemetry system since Nov 2010. Have I missed something and it is finished or have you hit a snag? Do you have any hardware for sale? Software? Please let us know.
Dave Hesse
rcfun

Postby rcfun » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:07 am

Bruce,
Have you had any problems with the FrSky Futaba modules not working, not binding and a fast voltage changes on the Tx? There is a YouTube video that is describing it "Problems with FrSky Futaba 2.4Ghz modules" The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYj1t5Dh_6E. Can you add your 2 cents worth?
rcfun

Postby A10FLYR » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:23 pm

IMO that "demonstration" is a joke. We don't know all the conditions he was "testing" under and if you have been in this hobby long enough you will have seen jittery servos, fluctuating V, and so forth many times...with brand name radios. He claims to have access to equipment worth many thousands of dollars but his "testing methods" don't show it. He even admits to plugging the module into the 9ZAP and somehow getting two of the pins into the same slot. (Perhaps dammaging the module?) Something I have not had trouble with in using two of those radios and constantly changing modules in over 15 years! He then blames FRSky for having a bad design instead of his inability to properly insert a module. It seems he just wants to blame FRSky because he lost a helicoptor. It's a long read but it's in RCG.

I'm sorry but I have not had any of the so called problems he describes....
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby GBR2 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 pm

So is this project dead or what?
GBR2

Postby takilara » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 pm

I hope not.
I'm currently working on a dashboard for my phone, hopefully I'll be able to incorperate Bruce's protocol into it at some point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQR--Dkr3NM
The price of getting what you want;
is getting what you once wanted...
_____
T-REX 600 ESP
CopterX 450AE V2
Multiplex FunCub
Belt-CP
takilara

Postby AltechMYOB » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:38 pm

GBR2 wrote:So is this project dead or what?

I too echo this sentiment… after all the work Bruce put into it, it would be a shame to see it die. :?
Even if only PCB + firmware, I’m there.

My first major purchase of an RC transceiver will be based on whether I can use this project, or not. Having both the engineer who designed and built it, along with the firmware/application software all rolled up into one, is a great asset, and rare gem.. 8-)

Perhaps it became bigger-than-Ben Hur, and by necessity, ‘invitation only’. I sincerely hope not. :(

:idea: I’m off to burn some incense; sacrifice a virgin (if I can find one lol) and say a “Hail Mary” for this project.

cheers with beers... :twisted:
AltechMYOB

PreviousNext

Return to Telemetry