My FrSky telemetry project

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

Re: My FrSky telemetry project

Postby suchislife » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 am

First, I hope that even though Bruce lives on the north island and should be safe, that him and those dear to him are all ok. We should let him have some time on this, as he certainly deserves it.

Bruce has a good reputation, and if he is not saying anything, he has a good reason. For example, perhaps an agreement with frsky. He did indicate there would be a ready made 'plug and play' version. This is both good for Bruce and for those of us without the time or skill to DIY.
I took the spektrum jibe as it was intended - humor - and Bruce has a good sense of humor. Some smoke may have come out his ears when he read it, but he would have been laughing at the same time.
I have been biting my lip waiting for this project, and although i'd sell my favourite planes right wheel for an update, it is Bruces time and effort that has been invested, not mine. We really can't complain if it never shows up, but it would be a shame. And even then, I have seen pricing come out for the frsky hub, screen and sensors. It all seems reasonably priced for a ready to go system, and we may have Bruce to thank for the design coming out so soon.

Having said that, Bruce, can't you give us a teeny tiny hint?! :lol:
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Postby Malfamartin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 am

Some people go on holiday and don't touch a computer!
Some people don't move their butts from the computer chair!
Malfamartin, fan of Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel
Malfamartin

Postby jet760 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:40 am

my comments were in jest , and cos there was no replys to other post regarding this project I'd thought i'd say something that I know ticks him off, just to get a response, I dont care if he is working with frysky, infact good luck to him if he is. Hey I would. To be honest I would expect him to charge money for his work. I belive if you say something to people on the net that the project will be here very soon, months ago and then nothing happens at least say something to the people who support you thats all. if you think you cant finish it just say it or if its gone on the back burner again just say it thats all.
alot of people respect what Bruces says and going cold on a project puts doubt in people minds thats all
jet760

Postby Malfamartin » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:38 pm

I can't understand why most of you expect Bruce to sit at his compute 24 7!
I think he is hiking in Grand Canyon. I certainly hope that he isn't sick!
Take it easy guys and don't nag at him! You don't know the reason for him being absent!
Malfamartin, fan of Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel
Malfamartin

Postby A10FLYR » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:18 pm

He is skiing here in Aspen!!
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby cweeks » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:41 am

Malfamartin wrote:I can't understand why most of you expect Bruce to sit at his compute 24 7!
............ You don't know the reason for him being absent!

He ain't absent, check his profile, last visit..... Today.
cweeks

Postby jet760 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:08 am

well at least he has anwsered us in the latest youtube update,
jet760

Postby wolw » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:16 am

I tried to find some information on the part that interests me most, to get vario telemetry with audio (preferably built in but external would do) for my Royal Evo. Multiplex already have that system but to a ridiculous price. For a EP thermal glider you don't need much telemetry but height (lift/sink is crucial) and maybe voltage. I wish Bruce or Frsky could have a "light" hub in mind for light gliders not requiring all the extras you might need on a FPV model.

Peter :)
wolw

Postby A10FLYR » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:49 pm

How do you know when he updates utube?
Dean,
A10FLYR

Postby cweeks » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:26 am

Just watched the vid. The project is still a go.

His last posts still hold true, a man of few words, or maybe (like me) not a fan of repeating himself.

Apologies for doubting !
cweeks

PreviousNext

Return to Telemetry