My FrSky telemetry project

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

Re: My FrSky telemetry project

Postby jet760 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Bruce
Are you still building this project? we havent had a update from you for a while.
Thanks
jet760

Postby VideoKing » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 am

You can always use one of these while you wait for Bruce to complete his full dashboard project.

http://store.flytron.com/rc-electronics/95-frsky-telemetry-display-rssivolts.html
VideoKing

Postby hipdisk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:39 am

Tonyp wrote:Hi everyone
I have been reading this forum for a while, and it was RC Model Reviews that put me onto the FRSky telemetry system. I have been playing with telemetry for a while (vario, altitude, motor current) but the FRSky unit does away with the need for the transmitter on board and also gives me a 2.4G system. On looking at the FRSky protocol, monitoring the Tx output, and some PIC coding, I have not managed to reliably isolate any particular frame because the hex start/end codes (7E, Fn,x,x,x,7E) appear in the frame as well as the start/end. From the photos of the LCD at the intro it looks as though Bruce has managed this. How? What are the criteria for the frames? For info, I am using the MPX4115 pressure sensor and a 20 bit a-D for altitude, but this device uses a 5V supply, unfortunately. The GPS chip is the LR9101, but at 1 Hz frame.
Keep it up, enjoying the discussion, and awaiting the end result.

Tony

Hi Tony,
Perhaps by now you have solved the issues described above, if not check this link out:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... ize74G0gMQ

If you can paraphrase your way through the translation I think they have the answers you are looking for.
hipdisk

Postby jet760 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi VideoKing
I like the Flytron screen but a bit limited to the amount of info it displays. Would like to display GPS infor eg speed, altatude & battery info.
By the looks of it I think Bruce has stoped on this project haven't heard anything for ages. Shame as I brought the item as recomendation and this project.
jet760

Postby suchislife » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:55 am

Melihk has said he plans to add more sensors to the flytron.

"I have altitude, fuel level and current;/capacity sensors for this displays but didnt released yet. I will write the code for sensors and different display alternatives as "voltage+fuel level" displays for fuel level sensors or a vario+voltage display(vith speaker) for gliders.
I need time for all of designs "

He also mentioned rpm, and I think gps
The thread on it is here

Bruce! Where are you ? :?:
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Postby Tonyp » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:56 pm

hipdisk

many thanks - looks good.

Tonyp
Tonyp

Postby jet760 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:42 am

hey Bruce wheres the project gone?
jet760

Postby thaking » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:04 am

I think that there is connection between Bruce and frsky->some good business with lcd and sensors... :ugeek: :ugeek:
thaking

Postby suchislife » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:11 pm

FrSky's own hub / LCD will be 'available soon'.

they have pics and info on their home page here:
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowNews.asp?id=57

They have also said the next batch of v2+v2 telemetry receivers will have external AN1, which is good news.
Sopwith Camels Rule!
suchislife

Postby thaking » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Why is need AN1 ?
thaking

PreviousNext

Return to Telemetry