Frsky 2way TX and RX setup hlep

Telemetry is the new "big thing" in RC systems. If you've got something to say or a question to ask, do it here.

Re: Frsky 2way TX and RX setup hlep

Postby ProLine » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:07 am

Thanks Dean. I have a second rx and will see if it acts the same way. So far most flying reports have been positive. A lot of great info has been posted about the Frsky, but it sure takes some looking to find it all. I think most are waiting for the new hub and sensors to go on sale. I think I discovered the Frsky at the right time to try all the features. The Flytron display seems to work well for the price for now. i'm going to try and shield the rx from the tx enough to get a RSSI value the is loss of signal that also sets off the alarm. The readings will then be something I can depend on what ever they end up being since I have the readout.
I do have a link/tx question for the group. So is the power (60MW) that the tx module puts out the same level as the rx return link? I would think it has to be? If not the RSSI reading would drop off sooner but no control would be lost? Just trying to understand how it works so well. I hope Bruce will revisit all this as promised months ago. I made a donation just to let him know that we're out here waiting for more reviews and progress on his projects. "Hint"
ProLine
ProLine

Postby ProLine » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 pm

RobC and Dean I came up with a multiplier value for my Flytron resistor pack and display for An2.
I find that 19.11x the alarm voltage I want gets me real close to the setting I want.
I'll refine the values for An1&2 as soon as I buy a few 10k pots.
ProLine
ProLine

Postby HC1969 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:30 pm

I have written a better setup program FrSky telemetry transmitters.
The original program is very primitive and can not save the data, so the model is very cumbersome.

Home page: http://rc-miskolc.emiter.hu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114:frsky-setup-program&catid=35:tech&Itemid=28
HC1969

Previous

Return to Telemetry