Kraft 7C frsky upgrade

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Kraft 7C frsky upgrade

Postby Ugly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:23 am

Kraft 7c.jpg
Kraft 7c.jpg (74.13 KiB) Viewed 8576 times

This is my first submission to the forum though I have followed it for a year or two, I had a need to put together a buddy box system together to teach my grandson to fly RC, not wanting to upset my normal system, JR378, I have upgraded a couple of old Kraft sets that I have not used for some time, 7C & 7Z to Frsky, I have been flying the 7C for some 6 months and it has preformed flawlessly, though I must admit that I do miss the expodential on the ailerons, I killed the 36Mhz by removing the xtal, The PPM on the Kraft is at full supply voltage eg 11V on a full charge, the DIY modules that I have have the pin diode mod attached and handle the higher voltage OK. There is some jitter with the HXT900 servos, but not a sign of it using Kraft servos, I did have an issue using a ESC for my foamy as the Kraft was back the front and doesn't have servo reversing, just had to reverse the throttle pot electrically and recenter it mechanically, as the full through of the pot is not used, I had a mishap and got CA into the bind switch whilst trying to mount it, stuffed, Frsky supplied me with 3 replacement switch board assy free of charge, though the postage was $US15. If you are looking for a TX with no servo reversing, no expodential , no mixing then the Kraft has to be the go, after all it is only going on 40 years old Hi.
Ugly

Re: Kraft 7C frsky upgrade

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:01 am

I have a couple of "old school" transmitters I was thinking of converting to 2.4GHz like that -- but when I feel how bad the sticks were on those old 1970s/80s Futaba radios, I quickly change my mind. *lots* of slop around the center because they use a yoke setup in the back which requires a degree of clearance to work.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: Kraft 7C frsky upgrade

Postby ergocentric » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:48 pm

channel mixing, differential ailerons, dual rates, model memory...

The sure look cool though, thinking single stick would be nice to have again.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks