fix rx aerial ?? (FRSky)

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

fix rx aerial ?? (FRSky)

Postby S-rob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:52 am

Hi guys.
the aerial on my FRSky 4ch receiver fell off , how do I fix it (aerial is lost)
what wire do I need ??

The RC car it was on, went straight to full throttle , I assume after the arial fell off. A bit of a worry.
How do I set failsafe on these things ???
or was the rx just faulty causing the full throttle ?? Its been fine untill today.

cheers
S-rob

Re: fix rx aerial ?? (FRSky)

Postby funtana » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:01 am

The aeriel on the 4 channel rx has always been a weak spot, they come with a spot of silicone where they join the board but it's advisable to put a good blob of glue at the junction i use zap goo, the aeriel on the 4 channel is just normal wire, the length is not to critical as they vary from the factory, 2 inches should be ok you should be able to see where it's snapped off the board so just carefully solder the new aeriel back on and after testing don't forget some glue,
To set the failsafe have the tx sticks in the required position and with the rx switched on press the rx button once the green led will blink and thats it, if for any reason you no longer require the failsafe just rebind the rx, had you had the failsafe set the throttle would have shut down immediately.
funtana

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks