Field portable PC power supply

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: Field portable PC power supply

Postby StuckOnTheDock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 pm

chrisjunkie wrote:
StuckOnTheDock wrote:Hmmm, I was trying to turn it on with no load whatsoever, it is a newer PS, a year or two old. Do they require a load to operate, in general that is?

Most need a load either over the 3.3v line or the 5v. I 10ohm 10watt ceramic resistor will do it. There is a great guide on Instructables on how to do it

Great, I'll look it up and make a run to Radio Shack. Appreciate the info!
StuckOnTheDock

Postby zann68 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:56 am

I need some help on a project I'm working on. I've started to build a FPV Base Station in a Pelican Box. With the screen, RX's, Diversity board, Digital Recorder and everything else. My problem is each thing uses either 12v to 5v. How in the heck can use one battery Either LiFe or sealed. Powering all these items with different voltages without a tangle of wires and voltage regulators. I want to do this with one regulator

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Jeff
Calm down!! Gravity has been checked, and it's still working
zann68

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:47 am

Well a fully-charged 3S lipo is 12.6V but drops down to 12V reasonably quickly -- that'd do for your 12V supply and just get a decent (5A-8A) SBEC for your 5V supply.

One battery, one regulator -- couldn't be simpler!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Previous

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks