Bruce' FPV Diversity Controller project

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: Bruce' FPV Diversity Controller project

Postby RONALD MCDONALD » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:30 am

AltechMYOB wrote:
RONALD MCDONALD wrote:
The attachment video switcher.jpg is no longer available
Here is a circuit that could form part of the diversity controller. It's a four channel video switcher using cheap and common
components. The I.C. marked as IC 1 (SN74139) would be replaced with your pic or what other processor your using.
I've used this circuit for switching between security cameras and it works well.
enjoy

Hi RM... thanks for posting. Did you ever draft a PCB for this cct & if "yes" is it available?

tnx

Here is the pcb you requested it is exactly 3 x 2 inches and is as viewed through the board from component side. take no notice of the tabs on the transistors they do not indicate the emitter lead.
Attachments
scan0003.jpg
PCB and component overlay for video switcher
scan0003.jpg (106.28 KiB) Viewed 17949 times
RONALD MCDONALD

Postby AltechMYOB » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 am

RONALD MCDONALD wrote:Here is the pcb you requested it is exactly 3 x 2 inches and is as viewed through the board from component side. take no notice of the tabs on the transistors they do not indicate the emitter lead.

cheers... :)
AltechMYOB

Postby AltechMYOB » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:52 am

Bruce mentioned, I think in a video, that he was planning an 8ch model. Does anybody know the details?

ie. is it 2 x the 4ch model (whatever that is :roll: ) with one PCB sitting on top of the other or perhaps a duplicate of the 4ch PCB beside the 1st on the same PCB.

OR perhaps it's been cancelled altogether? Anybody... ?
AltechMYOB

Postby AltechMYOB » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:11 am

RONALD MCDONALD wrote: However I have just made a board for a diversity
controller using a picaxe 14M2 chip and four preset pots on one 3 x 2 inch board and I hope to put the video switcher on top hopefully on another 3 x 2 board. I'll let you know when designed the new video swicher board.
Best Wishes

:D :D :D :D

PS. Whilst this project probably doesn't merit it due to the march of technology re rapid switching etc., I couldn't help myself and purchased a mint-condition TBC (Time Base Corrector) off of eBay for $107Au inc shipping... it even has a genlocker if I wanted to get even further carried away :lol:. Since working at a full-broadcast spec television station I always wanted one of my own! The studio ones were in the order of 10's of thousands of dollars, have many inputs and nearly always a full frame-store.
At least I'm glad to have one in my box of tricks anyway... I might even experiment with dual transmitters sending the s-video components down (I have a small professional camera with 18 x zoom, both composite and s-video out) for a (hopefully) much better picture!

If anybody's interested here's a link to my new toy -
http://www.cypconverters.com.au/digital ... -100g.html
Last edited by AltechMYOB on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AltechMYOB

Postby zann68 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:10 pm

Rixx wrote:Me too... :roll:

Not sure if this is politically, ethically, ethnically, or whatever else, correct :D , but check the project here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661980

Thanks Rix. Followed the link and now have all the items I don't have on order to build one of these Diversity Controllers. I have a Eagle Tree Station but there are times I don't need that antenna tracker. I do have most of my gear in a FPV station and will add this jewel to it. Cant wait to get started on it. :)
Calm down!! Gravity has been checked, and it's still working
zann68

Postby RONALD MCDONALD » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:17 pm

IMG_0169.JPG
The completed diversity controller
IMG_0169.JPG (61 KiB) Viewed 17866 times
Well my diversity controller might not be as good as the one Bruce is making but mine is finished and boxed.
Three receivers in the top with provision for a fourth. Four channel controller in the middle and the four input video switcher at the bottom
RONALD MCDONALD

Postby baner » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Fantastic very well done make a few more and sell them on eBay
baner

Postby T3PRanch » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:09 pm

RONALD MCDONALD wrote:
IMG_0169.JPG
Well my diversity controller might not be as good as the one Bruce is making but mine is finished and boxed.
Three receivers in the top with provision for a fourth. Four channel controller in the middle and the four input video switcher at the bottom

A project in hand is worth a thousand on the drawing board and inaccessible to anyone. The "Microsoft Vaporware Announcement Model" is a very frustrating thing. :evil:

Thurmond
T3PRanch

Postby AltechMYOB » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:38 pm

RONALD MCDONALD wrote:Well my diversity controller might not be as good as the one Bruce is making but mine is finished and boxed.

NICE :D First past the post! :mrgreen:

Hallmark doesn't count! WITH or without a card.
AltechMYOB

Postby baner » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:17 am

Diversity Controller Project When is it coming?
Last edited by baner on Sat May 18, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baner

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks