9x Screen Protector

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

9x Screen Protector

Postby Russ » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:11 am

Hullo,

It seems the glass used for the screens are very easily scratched (I have seen some new DX6is getting scratches on them within days.) I hate scratches and I wanted to keep the glass free from scratches.
I have had the thin plastic that came with the radio still stuck to the LCD screen glass. It was beginning to look really tacky and obscured the view. I got the idea of using mobile phone protectors when I had to order some for someone's phone. I have put the instructions and template onto my wiki: http://rw.id.au/wiki/rc:9x:screen_protector

I could post a photo of it, but the protector is so unobtrusive it will be difficult to see :).

Russ
Russ

Re: 9x Screen Protector

Postby AltechMYOB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Tnx for posting the template... I've downloaded it and if HK ever get some more stock ( :cry: ) I'll have a 9x, at a great price, to call my own. :)
AltechMYOB

Postby Russ » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:12 am

AltechMYOB wrote:Tnx for posting the template... I've downloaded it and if HK ever get some more stock ( :cry: ) I'll have a 9x, at a great price, to call my own. :)

Best of luck. They are a very in demand item and stock comes in rather regularly but goes very quickly.
Russ

Postby T3PRanch » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:59 am

I only had a 6 month wait for my 9X. Then a 1 month wait for more receivers. I love it though. I have an old "shield" for a 10" tablet that I have cut pieces out of for phones. Now I will cut a piece for my transmitters.

Thurmond
T3PRanch

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks