Frsky on a JR Max 66 ( XP 662)

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: Frsky on a JR Max 66 ( XP 662)

Postby tommy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:29 pm

What I would like for fail safe is for the throttle to go to zero but I would like the other servos to remain where they were before you lost signal.
I think this would be best because if you have a momentary lost in signal the servos will be where they were and hence once you get signal back you could continue from where you were. But I would like throttle to go to zero because if you don’t regain signal quickly you don’t want the model to fly off and hit someone.
Last edited by tommy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tommy

Postby TMKits » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:48 pm

I see, It does make sense.....
TMKits

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:51 pm

It's worth mentioning these things because FrSky has been very receptive to user feedback. They appear happy to consider and implement good ideas -- which is more than can be said for some of the Chinese (and brand-name) manufacturers.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby TG72 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:19 pm

TMKits wrote:I have a Frsky 2.4 hack module to install in my transmitter.
The yellow board on the back has a plug with 3 wires. Black, yellow and red. Can I use these three?
The trainer plug at bottom right in the pic, has 3 green and one red. I'm guessing the red is ppm ?
As the yellow board holds the old antenna and crystal, can it be removed?
Any help would be appreciated.

I have an older XP-642 and installed a FrSky hack module in it. It looks very similar to this XP-662 but the positive(red) lead is - and negative(black) lead is + with ppm being in the center which is usually the case. The plug on the RF board is mounted in a vertical position just as in the 662 and it can be unplugged as on Bruce's JR-Corona hack video for anyone wanting to make this change. Good Luck :)
TG72

Previous

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks