FPV backpack PCB build

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby chris » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi,

Please add me to the list for a kit.

Thanks
chris

Postby AltechMYOB » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Keith wrote:I got some of them 'saver', they are good...

hmm... ok, talked me into it. I was wondering if they were worth having. 1 of each on my list.

cheers...
Last edited by AltechMYOB on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AltechMYOB

Postby AltechMYOB » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:56 pm

S-rob wrote:Hi Guys.
If anyone has too much time on there hands & wants to etch there own board, heres a realy easy transfer method.
Print to Oracal 651 vinyl, then iron onto the PCB. (Sorry of this has allready been posted up)
http://www.electronics-lab.com/blog/?p=19912
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtmJdCBj ... r_embedded

Some 'normal' waterproof Felt/marker pens are etch resistent, easy & cheap for touch ups before etching.
:idea:

I've been wondering myself about the process... if you're in Aus there's an interesting Mailbag article in Oct Silicon Chip mag page 9... hit the news stands today. Copy-write prevents me posting it. Basically it's from a guy very experienced in using it. It's quite laborious to get it to work properly every time.
AltechMYOB

Postby rkern » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Count me in Bruce. Keen to look at making some antennas too. Great tutorials here.
rkern

Postby T3PRanch » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:43 am

1 kit for me please.

Thurmond
T3PRanch

Postby Hallmark » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:20 am

T3PRanch wrote:1 kit for me please.

Thurmond

:shock:
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby zann68 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:34 am

I would like to have 2 of these kits as well Bruce!!
Calm down!! Gravity has been checked, and it's still working
zann68

Postby kaptain_zero » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:42 am

I *MUST* have missed something....<sigh>. Where was this kit listed, and was there a price attached?!?!?

Regards

Kaptain "I'm blind in one eye, and I was told I can't hear a damn thing with my other one either!" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby rogeroed » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:21 pm

I have a question or two, hmm, maybe three..
- Parts used in backpack build video and BOP is not same, what is correct parts?
- 1N4001 or 1N4007, they are rated to 100v and 50v, is this correct part to use (i thought something around 12-15v would be correct) and witch one is best to use/buy?
- 22uf 16v 1210smd, i cant find this part, the ones i find look different. The one i find is yellow and solder points look different. I find one that look same as used in video, but thats rated to 25v.
- What are the parts for audio? (1xresistor and 1xcapasitor? value?) and where do i connect microphone +/- ? (+ on last free pin and - on pin with all black?) what volt is microphone run on? The one i bought says 4-5v, can i use this?
I have bought one 5.8GHz 200mW VTx module(on back says, Tx5823-101016) from range video. It says on their page that it will work with 5volt, can someone confirm this? If module need 5vdc should i then replace volt regulator to 5vdc on backpack instead of 3,3vdc listed/used? If i need to use the 5vdc regulator, do i need to do more modifications on backpack?

Hope someone can give me good answer on my questions.

Roger
rogeroed

Postby sloperdude » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:52 am

- Parts used in backpack build video and BOP is not same, what is correct parts?

Since you didn't specify which parts in that sentence, I assume you mean the diode. Anything in the range 1N4001 to 1N4007 will do. I checked eBay and the 1N4007 was the most popular, so that's what I bought. All will work.

- 1N4001 or 1N4007, they are rated to 100v and 50v, is this correct part to use (i thought something around 12-15v would be correct) and which one is best to use/buy?

Answered above. Don't over complicate things too much. Just go by the parts list.

- 22uf 16v 1210smd, i cant find this part, the ones i find look different. The one i find is yellow and solder points look different. I find one that look same as used in video, but that's rated to 25v.

Here's what I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140757857832?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

- What are the parts for audio? (1xresistor and 1xcapasitor? value?) and where do i connect microphone +/- ? (+ on last free pin and - on pin with all black?) what volt is microphone run on? The one i bought says 4-5v, can i use this?

I'm not sure, but you might find the answer here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFW-B42HCg&feature=plcp I've found that videos that are dominated by the buzz of the motor and the roar of the wind are quite boring, so I intend to edit mine with music or narration. Frankly I don't know why anyone else cares to listen to noise during their video, either. But of course it's their business.

I have bought one 5.8GHz 200mW VTx module(on back says, Tx5823-101016) from range video.

That's a shame, because I don't think you'll be able to find a receiver module that works with it. You'll probably be stuck with buying an off the shelf receiver that costs more and wastes battery power through heat. The problem is that the one from Range Video (and Immersion RC) transmits on even numbered frequencies, while the transmitter and receiver modules from Foxtech FPV (you can also get them on eBay) transmit and receive on odd numbered frequencies. So they're incompatible.

It says on their page that it will work with 5volt, can someone confirm this? If module need 5vdc should i then replace volt regulator to 5vdc on backpack instead of 3,3vdc listed/used? If i need to use the 5vdc regulator, do i need to do more modifications on backpack?

It will work on 5V, IF you use a heat sink. But the point of running it on 3.3V is so that it will output full power while using the least amount of voltage. This means that a heat sink along with it's excess bulk and weight isn't necessary, and no power is wasted from the flight/video battery.
sloperdude

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks