FPV backpack PCB build

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:03 pm

I wonder what will happen if I will use just the AMS 1117 33 1150 ground Vout Vin ?

You'll need a couple of capacitors to stabilise the output, 10mF and 100nF to ground on the output side.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby sloperdude » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:14 pm

ccatalin, I found almost everything I needed on eBay, including the VTx and VRx modules. I did get some of the small components in quantities of ten, but after I get my first FPV backpack going, I'd like to make more of them. The cost was low anyway, especially for items shipped directly from China, which took a week or two to arrive in the US. The time frame was acceptable enough to me.

If you want quicker shipping, or don't want to buy more components than you need, surely there must be a European equivalent of Digikey or Mouser electronics.
sloperdude

Postby sloperdude » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:18 pm

ccatalin, Amazon.com also carries some small electronics parts. I know Amazon has a French warehouse and website, I'm not sure if they are active in the rest of Europe.
sloperdude

Postby ccatalin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 am

Ted Browning wrote:Hiya ccatalin,

try one of these

http://www.fpvflying.com/products/Step- ... v-12v.html

0r

http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=161

do a little soldering on the first, i think the second is ready to go, but have a read hook up a 2s lipo battery and off you go, Mine has been flying for 6 months, all from range video, they now have a 5v vtx as well. I have used both, they go well.

I wonder if this will work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/190733372469?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
ccatalin

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm

Power In: 4.5--7V DC

It's not a low drop out regulator so no.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby sloperdude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:52 am

Sorry, my two posts were meant for Halford, not ccatalin.
sloperdude

Postby not2fast » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:26 am

Hi Bruce,
The backpack is a great project. Could you put me down for 2 kits please when you get them put together? Send me an email when I need to Paypal for the kits.
I put a little bit in your donation jar too.
Thanks for the videos, I've learned a lot.
Neil
not2fast

Postby alexcheve » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 am

I am also willing to acquire this kit so please put me in list :)
alexcheve

Postby willfpv » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:49 am

Hi chaps - has anyone seen this tool for designing, sharing and (soon to) producing pcbs - www.circuits.io
Once they get the online ordering sorted out it would be great to have the backpack circuits available for order! I don't have a clue about electronics / pcbs / other than what i've learn't from Bruce here, but it looks like a great tool for getting prototype circuits!
cheers

Will
willfpv

Postby GTiDon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Bruce
Is the mic wiring on the schematic correct? I dont understand what is done there..
I re-watched the original FPV back pack design video and the mic circuitry makes more sense to me the way you did it then ??
GTiDon

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks