FPV backpack PCB build

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby Quadzimodo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Geoman -
You can find the VRX.brd file at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxPRRsvWkxFaT2lEVVZvT0xoVEE/edit?usp=sharing
Spec sheets, board graphics, etc at https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxPRRsvWkxFaUGx6WUZXUS1WVHc&usp=sharing

Bruce -
Thanks so much for your great work making fpv accessible to the masses. Your DIY options do not just lower entry prices, they also facilitate a richer learning experience and greater understand of the components we are working with.

Tim -
Thanks for your contribution, and for introducing me to eagleCAD and Oshpark (I am on my 4th order with Oshpark, building all manner of things - they are just excellent)

I am new to fpv - Info on my first quad build can be viewed at http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/quadzimodo?xg_source=activity

Detail of my DIY FPV Ground Station which pairs the 5.8G VRX with the SD DVR from HK installed into an old DVD player can be viewed at http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/budget-compact-ground-station

regards,

J
Quadzimodo
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby rappy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Quadzimodo wrote:Geoman -
You can find the VRX.brd file at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxPRRsvWkxFaT2lEVVZvT0xoVEE/edit?usp=sharing
J


Any chance you got the VTX.brd file as well? The url to the VTX from Tims pdf only gives me a lot of text, and trying to save it ends up in a .txt file.
rappy
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby rbcodell » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:30 am

TimJC wrote:Success.

I finally received the last component I have been waiting on to start the build (2.2k Ohm resistor for audio). Today I built a transmitter, receiver, clover leaf antenna and skew planar wheel antenna. I used one 5v UBEC to power the whole system (TX, RX, 808 #16v2 camera) and I was able to get video on my TV (didn't test audio). The lead that comes with the 808 #16v2 is perfect for connecting to the video transmitter. The RCA adapter the camera comes with also worked with with a male to male servo extension.

When using the 808 #16v2 camera, which runs on 5v, there is no need to connect any power other than 5v, since the 12v input is only used to power 12v camera and a 5v UBEC, if directly attached to the transmitter module.

Note, that I have not installed the LED or current limiting resistor on the RX, but will once I settle on how I wish to build a ground station. These components are optional, and only serve the purpose of letting you know the RX is powered.

Image


Tim:
I tried to download your file vtx.brd, but when I clicked on the link to the file, it opened the file and text was displayed. I am using microsoft internet explorer. I tried saving it by changing the .txt ending to .brd. When I went on the site to order the boards, it came back with the message that it was not a valid Eagle file. Can you tell me how to get the file correctly? Thanks
Richard
rbcodell
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby TimJC » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:34 pm

rbcodell wrote:
TimJC wrote:Success.

I finally received the last component I have been waiting on to start the build (2.2k Ohm resistor for audio). Today I built a transmitter, receiver, clover leaf antenna and skew planar wheel antenna. I used one 5v UBEC to power the whole system (TX, RX, 808 #16v2 camera) and I was able to get video on my TV (didn't test audio). The lead that comes with the 808 #16v2 is perfect for connecting to the video transmitter. The RCA adapter the camera comes with also worked with with a male to male servo extension.

When using the 808 #16v2 camera, which runs on 5v, there is no need to connect any power other than 5v, since the 12v input is only used to power 12v camera and a 5v UBEC, if directly attached to the transmitter module.

Note, that I have not installed the LED or current limiting resistor on the RX, but will once I settle on how I wish to build a ground station. These components are optional, and only serve the purpose of letting you know the RX is powered.

Image


Tim:
I tried to download your file vtx.brd, but when I clicked on the link to the file, it opened the file and text was displayed. I am using microsoft internet explorer. I tried saving it by changing the .txt ending to .brd. When I went on the site to order the boards, it came back with the message that it was not a valid Eagle file. Can you tell me how to get the file correctly? Thanks
Richard

Sorry for the late reply. I just tested the VTX.brd file that should be linked in my build guide, which you can download here, and Oshpark recognizes it fine.
TimJC
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: valid pcb file

Postby TimJC » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 pm

geoman wrote:i have tried using tims files for the pcb but they don't work on oshpark, giving 'not a valid eagleboard file' message.
the guys there were able to send me a zip that i sent back and worked, anyone know how to get the remaining vrx file.
its a shame oshpark dont have a search for projects they already have done.
also have ordered most of the parts, and as a few came in 10's, i am willing to pass on at cost if you need anything( i'm in sydney)

For anyone looking to order the boards from Oshpark, you can get them without have to upload anything by going to my profile at http://oshpark.com/profiles/TimJC.
TimJC
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby Quadzimodo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:12 am

Hi Guys,

I noticed that there were a few file access requests in my inbox, so I have updated the relevant permissions. It should be publicly accessible now. Follow this link to Folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxPRRsvWkxFaUGx6WUZXUS1WVHc&usp=sharing

I have added info and files for a modified VTX board, which suits my needs better. This can be found in the Mini VTX folder.

NOTE - I have been using a 1.8K resistor to drive the microphone from the DC rail, but something is not right here so I am playing around with other values in the hope of improving my audio quality.
Quadzimodo
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby VCR » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks :-)
VCR
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:13 am
Location: Moncarapacho, Portugal

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby skelator » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:27 am

would it be fine if I use the 4.7uf instead of 22uf for C1 & C2? I have been trying to order them from ebay 3 time now all of them end up missing :shock:
skelator
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 am

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby TimJC » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:36 pm

skelator wrote:would it be fine if I use the 4.7uf instead of 22uf for C1 & C2? I have been trying to order them from ebay 3 time now all of them end up missing :shock:

You might be able to get away with lower values there, but the 22uf is used because that is referenced in the data sheet for the 3v3 regulator by the manufacturer. If you get video dropouts, from inconsistent voltage, you may need to replace them with 22uf caps.
TimJC
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Re: FPV backpack PCB build

Postby skelator » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:13 am

thanks for the reply Tim! I will use the 4.7uf first and ordering *some* (50ea to be exact) 22uf while at it
skelator
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron